Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps. The app has been repeatedly featured by on the Mac App Store in numerous categories and was recommended by John Gruber of DaringFireball and Federico Viticci of MacStories.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the files and resume the drag from Yoink’s window more comfortably.
For a quick video introduction, further information and tips and tricks for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Compatibility: macOS 10.9 or later 64-bit
Web Site: https://www.eternalstorms.at/press
What’s New in Yoink 3.5.3
- Text items can now be copied in plain text by holding down the shift key in the Clipboard History Today Widget and Yoink’s contextual menu
- Improves handling of volumes being mounted and unmounted
- Improves reliability of the Share extension
- Yoink now respects the order in which you selected files in Yoink when dragging out
- The “Move to…” dialog always originates in the selected file’s folder, making it easier and more straightforward to rename a rightclicked file
- Yoink no longer tries to mount network volumes
- Improves handling of URLs / links
- Improves compatibility with CleanMyMac 3
- Improves compatibility with macOS Mojave’s Photos.app
- Improves compatibility with Curio
- Reduces the app’s file size
- Fixes a bug where the contextual menu’s “Move to…” or “Copy to…” wouldn’t work
- Fixes a bug that occurred when sharing files to Yoink (when sharing files to Yoink one after another, if they had the same file name, the previously shared file would be overwritten)
- Fixes a bug that caused Yoink’s menu bar icon on macOS High Sierra and earlier not to be drawn correctly when clicked on
- Fixes a rare crash when setting up Yoink’s table
- Fixes a crash when displaying the “File moved to trash” popover
- Fixes a crash in the share extension
- Fixes a potential crash when using Handoff
- Fixes an issue that caused Yoink to consume a lot of CPU
- Fixes an issue where tooltips were displayed when they shouldn’t appear