Released: Dec 23rd, 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://2manyrobots.com/
A powerful yet easy to use Mac application designed to help you create a comprehensive metadata databasefor your audio tracks.
Yate is an easy to use macOS application that offers you the proper tools for tagging and quickly organizing your music collection.
The utility is able to work with MP3, M4A, AIFF, WAV, DSF, and FLAC files, and you get to import tracks for processing, or simply link items from your iTunes music library.
Well structured music tag editor that can deal with various types of metadata
Yate is able to import metadata for your tracks from online sources, such as MusicBrainz, or Discogs, but you can also manually edit each entry.
The app enables you to change the credits and album details, the artwork, the lyrics, allows you to store private characteristics, such as the owner or the purchase price and so on.
The best part is that, if you link items from your iTunes library, the changes will be reflected almost instantly within the media player. This is very useful because you will be able to organize your tracks by different criteria with minimal effort.
Automate the database management by using actions scripts, and share your tagged tracks with your friends
Yate comes with a collection of over 100 actions scripts that can be easily employed to streamline certain tasks: the app comes with a small collection of actions already integrated with the app interface, but you can easily create new ones by using the predefined functions.
For your convenience, Yate offers you the possibility to export your current project in order to be able to share the newly created metadata database with your friends in no time.
Straightforward software solution for tagging audio tracks with minimal effort
Yate offers you the possibility to create a comprehensive metadata database by quickly importing information and even artwork from online sources.
At the same time, the app enables you to store personal details, such as the purchasing info, your private ratings, can memorize if you want to skip the track when shuffling, and so on.
What’s new in Yate 22.214.171.124
Please Read This:
- This patch will still work on 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. Yate v4 will be the first release to drop support for those OS versions.
The Main Window:
- Added a Sort by Path Extension item to the table header's context menu. This is useful if you're copying metadata between different audio file types and the Album metadata is already the same across all the files. The sort compares file extensions first then the standard default sort parameters. (Album, Disc, Track, Title, File Path)
- Someone found yet another way to mangle the ID3 specification in MP3 files that we missed.
- The new Regular Expression Tester window was not properly dismissed if the window was closed by the window close button. Command-W, Clear and Save all closed correctly.
- Regression: Dragging to the dock icon and opening files via Finder Open With, was not forcing the display of the main window.
- A few other minor bug fixes.