Wrise is a word processor that makes reading and writing accessible for everyone. Designed to support reading comprehension and text composition it can also be beneficial for individuals with dyslexia. With Text to Speech, word and sentence highlighting, zoom and EasyReading mode™ texts become more comprehensible and easier on the eyes. With Speak as You Type, Word Prediction and speech tags, writing becomes not only easier but more fun too.
Wrise offers all the basic word processing functionalities such as changing fonts, different zoom levels, font and background color, spelling and grammar correction. But more importantly, Wrise is also a step forward in supporting everyone’s needs.
Wrise is fully localized in English and French. However, Wrise can be used with Text to Speech voices in many languages.
–A fully functional 15-day trial can be downloaded from our website.–
- Get your preferred font size and color instantly with EasyReading mode™
- Use the Services menu or Action extension to select and read text aloud from any application
- Pause, rewind, fast forward and jump to next or previous paragraph
Personalize your reading experience
- Adjust the pronunciation of words
- Choose a voice and adjust speech rate
- Read with word or sentence highlighting
Listen on the go
- Convert text to an iTunes audio tracks
- Export text directly to mp4 files
- Listen to the audio file on your phone, tablet or mp3 player
Effortlessly create texts
- Import PDF, Word (doc/docx), plain text and RTF documents
- Listen as you type using Speak As You Type
- Type text with over 45% less effort with PolyPredix™ multiword prediction
- Write using one of the fifteen included prediction dictionaries
- Read multilingual texts with automatic language detection
- Use with any Mac voice, including the naturalsounding Infovox iVox voices
Take control with tags
- Use tags to define reading speed, voice, language and volume
- Define your own custom tags to create “characters”
- Create personal and educational podcasts
Protect your Wrise documents
- Password protect your preferences
- Restrict access to text formatting
- Use readonly mode to prevent accidental editing
*Also reads odt, txt, utxt, and html documents.
** See the AssistiveWare Web Site for a full list of supported prediction languages.
Web Site: http://www.assistiveware.com/product/wrise
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/wrise-accessible-word-processor/id938050665?mt=12
What’s New in Wrise 1.4
We’re keeping up with the latest macOS Mojave update by introducing Dark Mode compatibility.
This version also fixes a few minor bugs to streamline use with a Dvorak keyboard and to keep the playback volume steady. It also addresses issues with exporting files made with the Alex voice.