Version: 8.3.0 Build 33595
Released: Feb 15th, 2018
Developer: Telestream LLC
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm
An advanced and user-friendly application that helps you prepare your shots and broadcast video directly from your Mac over the local network or Internet
Wirecast is an all-in-one live streaming production application that provides the required tools to capture video, encode it and broadcast it to multiple servers and platforms at the same time.
Support for a wide variety of camera models
You can use Wirecast with an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cams to DV/HDV, SDI cameras to IP and web-based sources and wireless devices. You just have to plugin your device and Wirecast will automatically recognize it as a live feed.
The supported input sources include USB, Web cams, SDI, composite, S-Video, DV/HDV, Component, HD-SDI, HDMI sources, IP Cameras, ONVIF, Web stream source and screen capture sources.
What is more, you can use Desktop Presenter to broadcast your own desktop if you need to display Keynote or PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, online interviews or game streams.
Layer-based editing system
Moreover, Wirecast features support for up to 35 layers of live compositing. Hence, you can effortlessly place watermarks, background music and other visual elements over your webcast.
As expected, you can also add titles and lower thirds, with more than 30 built-in professional looking broadcast title themes. You just have to select the one that fits your content, type in the text and apply it to your broadcast.
You can also use well-designed transitions to switch from different sources and generate effects and transitions in real time.
By using Wirecast, you can easily stream to multiple destinations using different bitrates at the same time. Thus, you can stream in both SD and HD to a live streaming service and even your own internal streaming server.
You can stream and or save your production to your Mac’s hard disk if you intend to archive the video or distribute it on-demand. Wirecast’s External Display Output feature helps you display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor for your in-house audience.
What’s new in Wirecast 8.3.0
- NEW – RTMPS support for Facebook Live
- NEW – Improved the layout for Rendezvous guests
- NEW – Implemented the ability to send video output from a document to Rendezvous users
Fixes & Improvements:
- Fixed numerous issues with Blackmagic audio dropping or a/v sync problems, especially during extended broadcasts
- Added a custom image import option to Shot Layer Mattes drop-down menu
- Added a link to the forum in the Controllers section of the Preferences
- Disabled the ability to set strict CBR for apple h264 as it has no effect
- Enable RTMPS support for Facebook destination
- Enabled using the circle center-point to move assets in Preview
- Improved Master/Go button for APC40ii and Launchpad controllers
- Improved transition representation for APC40ii and Launchpad controllers
- Round input values in Video Properties to 1 decimal place instead of whole integers
- Show active audio channel lights for APC40ii and Launchpad controllers
- Disabled 'Open Output Settings' menu item when no documents are open
- Disabled right clicking when picking chroma key color
- Disabled the ability to delete a shot while it is being dragged on Windows(caused a crash)
- Disabled the Facebook ‘Refresh’ button while a refresh network operation is in progress
- Fixed a 1 pixel bar that was present on Top/Left sides of outputs
- Fixed a CPU spike that occurred when changing the audio track in the Facebook output settings
- Fixed a crash on macOS that would occur intermittently when adding a screen capture and changing the source type to ‘Game’
- Fixed a crash that would occur with certain transitions when transitioning to a blank shot twice in rapid succession
- Fixed a hang that occurred when adding a Bonjour IP Camera source
- Fixed a Mac issue where certain transitions would cause a rendering bug when used before other transitions
- Fixed a macOS High Sierra issue where the main document UI would transition poorly when restored from a minimized state
- Fixed a Windows issue where the CEF widget settings viewport would increase width/height by 1px on change
- Fixed a Windows issue where the Live/Preview canvas would flicker when opening the Shot Inspector with an active output
- Fixed an exception that was thrown when closing a Wirecast document after changing CoreAudio device input settings in Audio MIDI Setup
- Fixed an incoherent message occasionally thrown at launch when localized in Chinese
- Fixed an intermittent hang that occurred when stopping an output
- Fixed an issue on Windows where Direct Show were missing the Pretty Name and Video Delay setting
- Fixed an issue reported by Matthew Potter where multi-viewer output transitions would flash on all layers https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/t/h4130f
- Fixed an issue where a source would “disappear” from the add source list if the Pretty Name is set to an empty string
- Fixed an issue where playlists would become indefinite after an image was added
- Fixed an issue where replay shots caused preview to flicker when multiple ISO replays were recording
- Fixed an issue where the live shot was not set to 'changed state' when drop shadow is toggled
- Fixed audio cutting out after a guest joins Rendezvous session on Mac
- Fixed audio cutting out when switching shots
- Fixed countdown timer couldn’t be set to less than 5 minutes
- Fixed cropped screen capture dimensions become 1×1 when minimized
- Fixed Facebook Scheduled events not showing up for some users
- Fixed incorrect duration for MP4 AAC audio only recordings
- Fixed Live audio shots reset when switching shots in another Master Layer
- Fixed the vertical alignment of the Source Name field in the Image Carousel configuration window
- Localized multiple strings in the Multi-Track Input Mapper
- Optimized copying/pasting manually created sources
- Removed ability to change live icon FPS as it did not work