Version: 8.0.0 Build 32276
Released: Sep 7th, 2017
Developer: Telestream LLC
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Requirements: Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm
An advanced and user-friendly application that helps you prepare your shots and broadcast video directly from your Mac over the local network or Internet
Wirecast is an all-in-one live streaming production application that provides the required tools to capture video, encode it and broadcast it to multiple servers and platforms at the same time.
Support for a wide variety of camera models
You can use Wirecast with an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cams to DV/HDV, SDI cameras to IP and web-based sources and wireless devices. You just have to plugin your device and Wirecast will automatically recognize it as a live feed.
The supported input sources include USB, Web cams, SDI, composite, S-Video, DV/HDV, Component, HD-SDI, HDMI sources, IP Cameras, ONVIF, Web stream source and screen capture sources.
What is more, you can use Desktop Presenter to broadcast your own desktop if you need to display Keynote or PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, online interviews or game streams.
Layer-based editing system
Moreover, Wirecast features support for up to 35 layers of live compositing. Hence, you can effortlessly place watermarks, background music and other visual elements over your webcast.
As expected, you can also add titles and lower thirds, with more than 30 built-in professional looking broadcast title themes. You just have to select the one that fits your content, type in the text and apply it to your broadcast.
You can also use well-designed transitions to switch from different sources and generate effects and transitions in real time.
By using Wirecast, you can easily stream to multiple destinations using different bitrates at the same time. Thus, you can stream in both SD and HD to a live streaming service and even your own internal streaming server.
You can stream and or save your production to your Mac’s hard disk if you intend to archive the video or distribute it on-demand. Wirecast’s External Display Output feature helps you display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor for your in-house audience.
What’s new in Wirecast Pro 8.0
September 7th, 2017
NEW – Wirecast Rendezvous | Multi-site production with remote guests:
・Easily bring in remote guests without additional hardware or software for the guest
・Send them a link and they can join on a smart device or Chrome/Firefox browser
・Add up to 2 guests in Studio, 7 guests in PRO (Note: Subject to available bandwidth)
・Screen share and Tally lights
・Companion iOS app (Wirecast Go) for mobile guests
NEW – Completely NEW rendering engine:
・Huge performance increases
・(WIN) Upgrade to Direct 3D 11
・Resize, rotate, and crop handles directly in the Preview Window.
・Asset Snap-to-grid, Guidelines, and Centering.
・Add Reflection and/or Drop Shadow to any source.
NEW – Multi-Viewer Output System:
・Support for up to 17 slot multi-viewer output (up to 4 in Studio) to any attached display.
・Send different configurations (1x, 2x, 4x, 10x, 17x) to different monitors.
NEW – Multi-Channel Audio Ingest:
・Support for up to 16 channels of input via each connected professional audio interface, each NDI source, and/or each capture card input with embedded audio.
NEW – Multi-Track Audio Support (Pro only) – up to 8 tracks:
・Isolate audio sources for post-production.
・Behind-the-scenes or other commentary track support.
NEW – Major encoding engine upgrade:
・Substantially less system resource usage for most content when encoding with x264.
・Higher quality x264 encoding.
・Tighter bit rate variations when utilizing CBR (constant bit rate).
NEW – Automatic color space matrix with options for override:
・No more washed out looking sources, Wirecast will auto detect the color space and apply any appropriate conversions to maintain color quality throughout the entire workflow.
・NEW – NewBlueFX Titler Live 3 – Complete titling suite with social media titling templates, sports templates, and much more.
Free live Facebook comments with Titler Live 3:
・Express – Free with Wirecast 8 Studio purchase
・Present – Free with Wirecast 8 Pro purchase
・Curate and push live comments from any web browser on your network.
・Animate comments as they fly in or out.
・Upgrade to Social or Complete to add Youtube and Twitter.
・Updated, expanded, and improved Titler Live modules.
・Express – Free with Wirecast 8 Studio – Includes templates for many common titling needs. Does not include Title Designer.
・Sport – Sports titles and graphics, scoreboards, integration with Sportzcast live scoreboard data sources.
・Social – Display social messages through high-end, animated designs from Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. Even poll your audience in real-time, displaying results graphically.
・Present – Free with Wirecast 8 Pro – Everything you need to title and produce live shows, events, conferences, church streams, etc.
・Complete – All the above for a complete titling solution for any event.
NEW – NEW Transitions:
・23 included live transitions.
・NEW ‘Smooth’ transition features allow curve types and animation effects like ‘spring’.
NEW – (MAC) Added Syphon client support for Mac:
・Improved quality and performance over macOS native functionality when capturing Syphon enabled apps on macOS (Adobe After effects and Character Animator, Many VJ tools, Unity engine, and many more).
NEW – NEW Clock, Timer, and Stopwatch Source:
・World clock, time and date functionality – all completely customizable.
・Start, stop, and reset with the click of a mouse.
NEW – Add option to override automatic format detection in capture cards:
・Now you can override the automatic detection system and specify the exact setting you need for your workflow.
NEW – De-interlacing hot toggle:
・De-interlacing can now be toggled per source in the moment. No need to restart the app.
NEW – Add support for .WebM files:
・Support for the popular .WebM format when bringing in media files.
NEW – Add support for Sony XAVC-S video format:
・Support for the popular XAVC-S format used in Sony cameras.
NEW – Replay – Option to mute audio during playback:
・Now, you can set your replay files to include audio, without having to manually mute each replay clip when used in a live setting with narration. Great for enhancing your post-production workflow.
NEW – Wirecast Go iOS App:
・iOS only, updated and improved
・Integrates with Rendezvous natively
・Replaces Wirecast Cam for Lan/Wifi camera use
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES:
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Logout option to clear security information
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Improve filtering of the With (Sponsor) field to display better results
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Update hyperlinks in Advanced Options to a graphical icon
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Highlight first entry in search fields by default
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Improve readability of highlighted text for search fields on Mac
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Improve responsiveness when switching events on Mac in 8.0 builds.
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Add warning dialog to the "Delete Event" button
- IMPROVED [Facebook] Test for stale URLs (i.e. one that cannot be streamed to) when validating Facebook settings
- IMPROVED (WIN) Put cursor at the end of the field when using Enter to accepting a search value
- IMPROVED (WIN) Refactor Virtual Microphone / Camera Installation & Registration
- IMPROVED Add a "Select All" menu item to allow users to select all sources in Preview
- IMPROVED Add a link to download Remote Desktop Presenter from the add sources menu if it isn't installed yet
- IMPROVED Add boxed icon for virtual microphone toggle
- IMPROVED Add Select All and Unselect All buttons to the "Edit Visible Destinations" window.
- IMPROVED Add Twitter Source to Plus button in shot inspector
- IMPROVED Allow simultaneous CPU and GPU buffers during output
- IMPROVED Asynchronous media file indexing
- IMPROVED Audio Mixer: Click 'R' to pan to 50R / Click 'L' to pan to 50L
- IMPROVED Change arrow cursor to hand cursor when hovering over the "Click for help…" links in "Facebook Advanced Options"
- IMPROVED Delay the "missing sources" prompt a second or two after opening a document
- IMPROVED Do not include dynamic outputs in the logic that determines the canvas size.
- IMPROVED Double clicking the vertical split bar between the preview and live panels should toggle between a 75% split and a 50% split
- IMPROVED Eliminate 3 second wait when adding new video sources
- IMPROVED Include ”http://" by default in Web Display
- IMPROVED Increase Default Font Size & Change default color to White
- IMPROVED Make newly added video sources scale to fit by default.
- IMPROVED Optimize video format conversions used in ISO recording
- IMPROVED Organize Add Source Menu
- IMPROVED Periscope Change the "Start Broadcast" menu item to "Go Live"
- IMPROVED Playlists always transitions all layers rather than just the playlist layer.
- IMPROVED Remove Blank Shot that appears with New Document
- IMPROVED Remove Camera Preview window
- IMPROVED Removed Apply button in Capture Card settings as it applies with changes automatically
- IMPROVED Request: Relabel the document recovery message
- IMPROVED Request: Replace the "Clear Layer" (Blank Shot) icon
- IMPROVED Smaller resize range for audio mixer
- IMPROVED Support for Viewership when streaming to multiple destinations
- IMPROVED System Audio Capture Should say "Select Audio device: instead of "Audio Settings"
- IMPROVED Take out the padding around the Preview and Master audio meters
- IMPROVED Update Twitch Encoding Settings
- IMPROVED Use the boxed icons from the Mixer in the main UI for Monitor and Mute.
- IMPROVED Users do not need to restart the app for deinterlacing to work
- FIXED (HiDPI) Wirecast icon is low resolution
- FIXED (MAC) (High Sierra) Installer text is hard to read
- FIXED (MAC) Application becomes inaccessible if a user attempts to "Authorize" to "YouTube" while offline
- FIXED (MAC) Audio timestamps passed to external display output plugins are broken
- FIXED (MAC) CEF process separation caused some pages to no longer load correctly
- FIXED (MAC) Crash with specific URL's in the "Web Display" widget
- FIXED (MAC) Dragging the main document UI to the minimum size causes Preview and Live to disappear when the shot editor is open
- FIXED (MAC) OpenGL crash when opening a specific document
- FIXED (MAC) Record to disk ProRes Proxy codec records H.264 video
- FIXED (MAC) Wirecast can crash when selecting a font for title text on Mac
- FIXED (MAC)Apple H.264 hardware encoder disappears when in use
- FIXED (Widgets) Black hex color boxes are unreadable in the "New Source Dialog" window for multiple widget sources
- FIXED (WIN) "Drop Shadow" font style does not match other menu options in the "Preview Inspector"
- FIXED (WIN) "Record to Disk Window Media" is cropped off in the "Output Statistics" window
- FIXED (WIN) (NDI) Clicking "Reconnect" button quickly 5 or more times causes Wirecast to hang
- FIXED (WIN) (NDI) Source doesn't always show up in the capture devices
- FIXED (WIN) 32bit Virtual camera DirectShow filter fails to register
- FIXED (WIN) Authentication error message shows up twice for several destinations
- FIXED (WIN) Colors do not look right and scaling is off when capturing from YCbCr 4:2:0 video sources
- FIXED (WIN) Crash after exiting Wirecast while tearing down DirectShow device
- FIXED (WIN) Cursor does not change to the "pointer" hand when hovering over hyperlinks in Windows
- FIXED (WIN) Damaged resource notification refers to Mac file type in Windows
- FIXED (WIN) DINPro font does not work in Text Widget
- FIXED (WIN) Encoder audio settings should be limited to 192kbps on Windows only
- FIXED (WIN) External Display Output on Windows will sometimes be very pixelated
- FIXED (WIN) Incorrect error message is displayed when attempting to record Program Replay to a readonly folder
- FIXED (WIN) ISO recordings of DirectShow sources do not start until the source is in the canvas (preview or live)
- FIXED (WIN) Mouse Scroll wheel does not work in Asset Manager
- FIXED (WIN) Output settings window not populating Taskbar or Windows Peak
- FIXED (WIN) Preview/Live flickers with GeForce GTX 980M
- FIXED (WIN) Recordings created in VLC are crashing Wirecast
- FIXED (WIN) 'Replay+ISO', 'Replay' and 'Twitter' menu items don't have hotkey shortcut letters underlined
- FIXED (WIN) Scrubbing the scrollbar for the 'Titles' window too fast will cause the application to hang
- FIXED (WIN) Setting YouTube event to a prePOSIX start date will crash the application
- FIXED (WIN) Starting NDI or Blackmagic output with specific settings will cause crash
- FIXED (WIN) Titles browsing will not depict thumbnails on initial launch of window
- FIXED (WIN) Verify that AVerMedia Live Gamer HD2 GC570 works with Wirecast
- FIXED (WIN) Windows video playback and encoded output on GTX960 is stuttering
- FIXED (WIN) Wirecast installer shows when opening document from explorer
- FIXED (WIN) YUV sources have washed out colors with NVIDIA GPUs
- FIXED [Facebook] (WIN) Reduce jerkiness when switching between scheduling states
- FIXED [Facebook] authentication page has scroll bars on the bottom and side
- FIXED [Facebook] Progress indicator will not stop if user cancels authentication prematurely
- FIXED [Facebook] refactor destination
- FIXED [Facebook] sponsor setting does not recognize verified page properly
- FIXED [Facebook] Text in the Description Field is a little too far right on Mac
- FIXED [Facebook] Time box is slightly misaligned compared to the Start Date menu
- FIXED [Facebook] Title and Description fields inherit strings from deleted events
- FIXED [Facebook] Unable to Tab from Title field to Description field in Output Settings
- FIXED [Facebook] Users can bypass the Facebook configuration validation by having another destination
- FIXED 1080p Anamorphic setting is not 1440×1080
- FIXED Adding audio filter dehighlights the headphones icon in the audio mixer
- FIXED Audio bitrate settings that are not valid for the encoder are populating the list
- FIXED Audio Effects disappear with playlist shot switching
- FIXED Blackmagic encoder presets causing a crash
- FIXED Changing encoder resolution with Auto Canvas breaks color controls
- FIXED Changing the UI to show program results in black bars
- FIXED Clear Layer can be deleted via Edit menu
- FIXED Corrupted encoding presets could cause documents to fail to open
- FIXED Crash in project with many duplicating titles and playlists
- FIXED Crash when importing an MOV in QuickTime Animation format
- FIXED Crash when switching between Audio FX and/or slider settings within the same slot
- FIXED Cropped DP Shot does not hold settings after closing Wirecast
- FIXED Cropping then moving the image causes resizing
- FIXED Cursor rapidly switches icons during hover after adding a WebStream device to the Shot Bin
- FIXED Default window height does not show the autopopulated shot on the 3rd layer
- FIXED Disable keyboard shortcut for deleting a shot while the shot editor is open
- FIXED Disconnecting secondary monitor while External Display Output is active does not terminate external viewport
- FIXED Display persists through the External Display Output after closing document
- FIXED External Display Obscuring Wirecast on some systems when external display is unplugged
- FIXED External Display Output only available to the first Wirecast document
- FIXED Hang when ending stream while still recording
- FIXED Image shifts slightly whenever the user uses the crop attribute
- FIXED Image Slideshow source does not convert from OBS converter
- FIXED Indefinite hang in the GlobalHotkeyMonitor
- FIXED ISO Segmented and Replay recordings will drop one frame in between segments
- FIXED ISO not creating files Bluefish 444 Epoch 4K Neutron
- FIXED Localization: Japanese: "Channel" is not localized when certain Broadcast Destinations are selected
- FIXED Localization: Japanese: "Refresh" does not fit within the associated button in the USB Devices window
- FIXED Localization: Locate missing Asset prompt displays placeholder text
- FIXED Localization: Matte selections in the Configure Visual Effects tab are not localized
- FIXED Localization: Multiple strings are not localized in the Desktop Presenter configuration pane
- FIXED Localization: Select Screen Region text is cut off due to linewrapping beyond the text box
- FIXED Localization: Text does not display properly in the USB Devices window
- FIXED Localization: Text is cut off on the Configure Cropping tab
- FIXED Localization: The Wirecast Menu is not localized
- FIXED Long audio interface names in audio mixer are being cut off
- FIXED Minimize and maximize buttons react on mouse down rather than mouse up
- FIXED Missing Twitch ingest servers in output settings
- FIXED Multiple error messages generated for incorrect authentication to custom partner destinations
- FIXED Pixelated text in lower third
- FIXED Problems invalidating or updating Playlist Shot UI Tabs after the Playlist Shot is moved to another Master Layer
- FIXED Record to Disk MP4 x264 files have an edit list that excludes almost every frame in the first GOP
- FIXED Remove Hitbox CDN as it no longer exists
- FIXED Replay mark in displays incorrectly within the UI for ISO Recordings
- FIXED Replay/ISO menu has two listings for "Configure" and "Configure ISO Outputs"
- FIXED Same shortcut won't work if assigned to multiple actions
- FIXED Scoreboard text size is too big
- FIXED Selecting between options on the Source Properties tab causes Video/Audio to stutter with Blackmagic devices
- FIXED Selecting Solid Background under Text Properties Defaults to a Background with 0% Opacity
- FIXED Selecting the currently selected External Display Output causes the output image to disappear
- FIXED Shotlevel audio settings affect other shots using the same sources
- FIXED Strict CBR sometimes fluctuates more than it should
- FIXED Support for Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
- FIXED Text Properties Background Color Auto Switching to None
- FIXED Text Properties window contents can be highlight selected
- FIXED Text Tool Clicking on Shadow Attribute Sliders does not apply correctly
- FIXED TextField Undo/Redo doesn't always function
- FIXED The aspect ratio of a text source can become corrupted in certain situations
- FIXED The mix minus and mute state is not being updated between the Audio Mixer and Source Properties
- FIXED There are too many encoding templates to display them all in the Output Settings dialog's Encoding popup menu
- FIXED Tooltip for create replay shot button is "Update Replay Shot"
- FIXED Twitch output configuration is sluggish in the "Output Settings"
- FIXED Unable to access the "Output Settings" while outputting to "Virtual Camera Out"
- FIXED Update Monitor Checkbox to button in mixer
- FIXED Update Twitch API to V5
- FIXED Video can stutter on some occasions with Replay Templates
- FIXED Virtual Camera not working in Skype
- FIXED When attempting to connect to Facebook, reclicking the stream button causes hang
- FIXED When modifying the Output Settings you need to press Create in the Facebook config
- FIXED Wirecast 6.0.5 Update Can't Stream Audio with Sample Rates