Name: WiFi Explorer
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7 or higher
• Ready for El Capitan.
• Fixes filtering so that ',' corresponds to "OR" and '&' to "AND" when filtering networks using multiple fields.
• Fixes filtering so that RSSI levels in dBm can be entered as a valid filter option (e.g. ">=-82", ">-70").
• Fixes import of annotations when using lowercase BSSIDs.
• Adds filtering by signal strength using the keyboard, for example, press '9' to display networks with signal strength >= 90% (or -90 dBm if using dBm as unit for signal strength), '8': >= 80% (or -80 dBm), '7': >= 70% (or -70 dBm) and so on. Press '0' to clear filter and display all networks. Keys below numbers ('Q', 'W', 'E', etc.) gives you intermediate values, for example, press 'T' to display networks with signal strength >= 55% (or -55 dBm if using dBm as unit for signal strength).
• Adds option to automatically hide 2.4 or 5 GHz section of channel graph if no networks are displayed in these frequency bands.
• Integrates annotations with WiFi Signal 3.4.
• Other minor bug fixes and UI improvements.
Link for more information: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-explorer/id494803304?mt=12
Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home or office wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates and much more.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the wifi environment
• Signal strength, noise and SNR time graphs
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Device name discovery for access points (if available)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks (10.7 or above)
• Full screen mode (10.7 or above)
Requires a Mac with built-in WiFi. External WiFi adapters are not supported.