||WiFi Explorer 2.0.1
||WiFi Explorer v2.0.1.dmg (3.21 MB)
Descriptions for Description
Name: WiFi Explorer
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7
Processor type(s) & speed: Intel, 64 bit
RAM minimum: N/A
Video RAM: N/A
What's New in Version 2.0.1:
• Fixes bug that was causing the app to filter out networks with an RSSI of -85 dBm or lower.
• New app icon
New in version 2.0:
• Fixes incorrect max. data rates under certain circumstances.
• Fixes incorrect state of Stop button when not scanning.
• Addresses issue caused by certain access points that advertise a secondary channel even though they are set to operate at 20 MHz channel width only.
• Addresses an issue where intermittent 0 dBm RSSI values might be reported by OS X for certain networks.
• Better looks in OS X Yosemite.
• Networks can be quickly filtered by ESSID, PHY mode, radio, vendor or signal strength levels.
• Networks can be grouped by physical radio in Signal Strength and Channels graph.
• Beacon interval and basic rates can now be added as columns.
• DFS channels can be hidden in Channels graph if not being used by any networks.
• Made sure CSV file generated from export option includes all fields.
• Vendors database can now be updated from within the app.
• Other minor bug fixes plus stability and performance improvements.
Courtesy of TNT
Link for more information: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-explorer/id494803304?mt=12
Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home or office wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates and much more.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the wifi environment
• Signal strength, noise and SNR time graphs
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Device name discovery for access points (if available)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks (10.7 or above)
• Full screen mode (10.7 or above)
Requires a Mac with built-in WiFi. External WiFi adapters are not supported.