Vitamin-R creates the optimal conditions for your brain to work at its best by structuring your work into short bursts of distraction-free, highly focused activity alternating with opportunities for renewal, reflection and intuition.
The built-in task logging and statistics features create a positive momentum towards productivity by providing visible feedback on your progress and achievements.
- Time Slice Your Work. VitaminR breaks down large, vaguely defined tasks into a series of short “time slices” of between 10 and 30 minutes, each with specific, easily reachable and actionable objectives. During these time slices it keeps you focused on accomplishing only this one objective and provides you with mechanisms for dealing with interruptions, poor concentration, etc.
- Get Started. VitaminR concentrates on getting you started allowing you to break through the resistance of procrastination and create a positive feedback loop of small achievements that get you closer to your ultimate aims. You will experience less stress caused by looming deadlines and a lack of clear direction, thus enabling you to enjoy guiltfree breaks that allow your intuition and creativity to emerge.
- Find Your Rhythm. Each one of us is different. Finding out what works best for you is the key to true productivity. VitaminR helps you by giving you the tools to gain more awareness of how you spend your time, what works for you and what does not. Armed with this new knowledge, you can eliminate unproductive work patterns and discover the work rhythm that suits you best.
- Get It Out of Your Head Quickly. Did you know that your short term memory can only hold 46 “chunks” of information? The slightest interruption and it’s all gone and you have to start from scratch. That’s why VitaminR provides you with the “Now and Later Board”, complete with FastType magic, to give you a place to quickly dump all those things that go through your head and allow you to quickly return to your task.
- Make It Your Own. VitaminR plugs into your life rather than trying to take it over. You can use it occasionally to overcome procrastination or mental blocks or reorganize your entire working life around the concepts that it embodies. It complements rather than replaces traditional todo list managers, such as Things or OmniFocus for which direct integrations exist.
- Now With Cloud Synching! If you routinely work on multiple Macs, you will love VitaminR’s new ability to effortlessly synch your time slice log across the cloud using the free Dropbox service. Setup is as easy as ticking a checkbox.
- Recapture the lost of art of joyful concentration. Overcome procrastination. Rediscover the motivation within yourself.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64 bit
Web Site: http://www.publicspace.net/Vitamin-R/index.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/vitamin-r-2/id645468574?mt=12
What’s New in Vitamin-R 2.57
- The new version tells the world about version 3.0 going beta!