Descriptions for Description
Name: Ultra Character Map
Release Date: May 17, 2017
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
Developer: X04 Studios Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.x04studios.com/ultracharactermap.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/ultra-character-map/id520265986?mt=12
Not just another character map. (Really.) Did you know that many fonts contain characters and pictures that cannot be accessed with the keyboard or even with a regular character palette? Ultra Character Map lets you access any character or glyph in any font and use it in other apps. It also lets you do side-by-side font comparisons, print font catalogs, view detailed character and font information (including the keystroke combinations that produce special or accented characters) and much more. And it's really easy to use.
- Unlock everything your fonts have to offer. Access any character, symbol or glyph in any font and use it in your documents.
- Fun with colors and 3D effects. Create your own clip art by applying colors and 3D effects to any character, symbol or glyph.
- Say it in Emoji. Ultra Character Map gives you access to all Emoji characters available in macOS. To use an Emoji character, just drag or copy it into your document.
- Compare fonts the easy way. Enter text once, then simply scroll through a list to see a preview in every font. Don't want to look at all your fonts? You can filter the list by style, classification, collection, name or font folder. Ultra Character Map lets you preview header or paragraph text and includes preset samples to save you even more time.
- Print font catalogs and font samples. Ultra Character Map lets you print custom font catalogs, font samples and character maps or save them as PDF documents.
- Useful tools for graphic designers, webmasters and app developers. Ultra Character Map shows all the glyphs in your fonts (even glyphs that are not associated with a character) and lets you view Bézier curves and copy them to other apps. It also features an HTML entity palette, a Unicode 9.0 grid and panels that display extensive character and font information.
But wait, there's more. Ultra Character Map lets you pick favorite fonts and characters, view characters or text copied from other apps, view the keystrokes that produce specific characters (even if they require multiple steps, such as "Option-N then Shift-N") and much more.
What's New in Version 2.0.6:
- Minor fixes.
Introduced in Version 2.0
- Enjoy a simplified, completely redesigned user interface.
- Create your own clip art by applying colors and 3D effects to any character, symbol or glyph.
- Quickly browse through your font library with the new font grid.
- Explore your fonts' characters and glyphs at the same time in the new unified “Characters & Glyphs” view.
- Get any character's Swift or Objective-C escape sequence or UTF-8 byte sequence and easily copy it to the clipboard.
- Browse the available variants of the selected Emoji character.
- Print character maps that show the character code, glyph index, and glyph name of each character.
- The Unicode grid was updated to Unicode 9.0.
- Adds a new Standard Music Font Layout character map for SMuFL-compliant fonts.
- Easily access your font files.
- Performance improvements.
- Other minor improvements.