Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://panic.com/transmit/
Transmit 5 is the ultimate FTP + SFTP + WebDAV + Amazon S3 file transfer client on the Mac.
You need to transfer files. Maybe to an FTP or SFTP server, or the cloud via Amazon S3, or using WebDAV. You maintain a website, do backups, or upload photos. You need Transmit, the #1 Mac OS X FTP client.
– Protocol power: FTP (Normal, Implicit SSL, and TLS/SSL), SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV (HTTP and HTTPS)
– Flexible Favorites for fast server access
– Handy two-pane view
– Fast multiple-connection transfers
– Easy transfer manager
– Quick Look, CoverFlow, Image Thumbnail view
– Places for one-click folder access
– FXP Support
– Bandwidth Limiting
– So much more!
Scary, wicked fast compared to Transmit 3 — up to 25 times.
4x faster: listing 30,000 remote files.
18x faster: downloading 30,000 small files.
2.25x faster: deleting 30,000 small files.
25x faster: uploading 15,000 small files.
AND ONE MORE THING: TRANSMIT DISK.
With the brand-new Transmit Disk feature, you can now mount any of your favorites in the Finder itself — even if Transmit’s not running. These volumes are real: drag files to your SFTP server, save a small graphic to your Amazon S3 bucket directly from Photoshop, or roll your own iDisk-like backup volume. It’s all possible in T4.
What’s New Transmit 5.0
More servers. Transmit can now connect and manage the files on 10 new cloud service providers. These include Amazon Cloud Drive, Backblaze B2 , Box, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft OneDrive, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
More speed. We’ve rewritten giant pieces of the Transmit engine to, among other things, truly multi-thread transfers and make sure your files upload and download as quickly as possible. It’s way faster.
More sync. Transmit 5 now supports Panic Sync, our secure, simple, and free syncing service. And since Transmit iOS also supports Panic Sync , you can now bring your sites everywhere you go. See below for more information!
And much more. Including a totally refreshed UI, a new Get Info sidebar, batch rename, tag support, local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, 2-factor login, improved key handling, open in terminal, improved file rule options, a new places bar, sort in column view , selectable file sync, a better sync progress bar, NFC filename support, NTLM & HTTP digest authentication support, Amazon S3 API V4 support, extra-large Amazon S3 file support
- Added IPv6 support for FTP servers
- Added a new (but familiar) optional Activity Bar to the bottom of the Transmit window. It allows you to see transfer status without opening the Activity view and offers more room than the tab’s progress bar. It can be enabled by selecting View > Show Activity Bar.
- Improved Transmit Menu connection UI
- Added support for ed25519 private and host keys in SFTP
- Copy URL now has a hot key
- Support NoHostAuthenticationForLocalhost ssh config value
- License information can now be accessed from Transmit app menu
- SFTP performance transferring large files on fast networks is up to 5x faster
- Added support for retrying failed transfers from the Activity queue
- File browser list view now has option for alternating color stripes
- Added Share action to Toolbar and Touch bar for use with local files
- Overwriting remote folders during upload now works as expected
- Send Raw SSH Command once again displays the result of the command
- Fixed a problem that could prevent errors from being displayed after Transmit failed to change the attributes of a remote file
- ‘Mount as Disk’ menu option no longer incorrectly mounts all servers in the open folder/group
- Saving a server from the Quick Connect panel now persists across restarts
- Fixed a possible crash when syncing large amounts of files
- Resolved an issue that could prevent the file conflict sheet from being displayed when copying files between directories
- Improved activity queue performance when transferring thousands of items
- Fixed an issue that could prevent downloads from going to the expected location in single file browser view
- Numerous crash and performance optimizations