Released: Jan 31st, 2018
Developer: Lauyan Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6 or later
Web Site: https://www.lauyan.com/en/index.html
A straightforward application that enables you to quickly and effortlessly create your own webpage by customizing one of the built-in website templates
TOWeb is a multi-platform website creation solution for users that need a fast way to create personalized responsive and multilingual websites.
TOWeb promises to help you build your own modern HTML5 and CSS3 website that can be easily loaded on a wide variety of devices that range from smartphone to tablets, Macs, PCs and smart TVs.
Quickly build, modify and publish a website using one of the featured templates
To get started, you just have to browse through TOWeb’s template collection and select the design that you like the most. You also have the option to preview the template before starting to edit and modify it.
TOWeb helps you modify almost every aspect of the website, starting with the name, content, notes and colors. Thanks to the Smart Edit function, you’ll be able to go through all featured text and graphic elements and perform the desired modifications.
Smart Edit feature for applying changes and preview them in real time
Moreover, TOWeb enables you to seamlessly integrate links and buttons for various social networks and optimize your page for search engines. In addition, you can protect the published content by restricting access to the desired topic.
Furthermore, TOWeb allows you to implement e-commerce and shopping features, translate your website in different languages, use advertising, provide RSS feeds and more.
Before publishing your website you need to configure your web hosting service and make the necessary changes in order to successfully take your website online.
Wine-based website design and publishing utility with responsive web design and e-commerce support
Unfortunately, although TOWeb looks good on paper, in reality it is a Windows application brought to the Mac with the help of Wine. As a result, TOWeb performed quite poorly during our testing period and crashed more than a couple of times.
On top of that, TOWeb’s interface is counter-intuitive and unresponsive, a fact that will push away prospective buyers. Hopefully, future versions of TOWeb will bring major fixes, as well as improvements and a macOS native version.
What’s new in TOWeb Studio Edition 188.8.131.526
January 31st, 2018
- A new "no margin" option in the "paragraph layout" allows you to remove the spacing between paragraphs when they are aligned next to each others
- When using a background image to a paragraph, a new "position" button now allows the change of the image alignment+repeat+size options
- The datepicker used in web forms now allows by default the selection of 100 years back to make it easier to enter a date of birth
- Fix of a security vulnerability allowing an attacker to post a text message in a page of your site
- In the “Topics” step, when editing a product page of a catalog, 2 buttons have been put back in the TOWeb toolbar allowing direct access to both the catalog and e-Commerce functions
- When at least one side panel was defined in a catalog product page, related products could have been displayed in the sidebar and no longer to the end of the page
- Using the "Delete all languages except.." function located in “Options > Languages” was not always keeping all the texts in the correct language when related to the new TOWeb V7 objects, such as Plan & Price for instance
- After making some changes to the background properties of a paragraph, the width of this paragraph could be displayed incorrectly, requiring a refresh of the page
- Some TOWeb dialogs had their “Cancel” button displayed in French when using the user interface in English, Italian, German, Spanish or Portuguese
- Changes of the default options when creating a site introduction page
- Fix of a label wrongly displayed in the window to duplicate a paragraph
- Support of Sogecommerce, the secured online payment of the French bank Société Générale®