TinkerTool System 5.95 macOS
TinkerTool System 5 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- builtin maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical realworld problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- features to protect your privacy, e.g. by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Internet browser privacy protection tools,
- Cookie managers for Safari,
- Tools to remove international language support files,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spellchecker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
Requirements: macOS 10.12 or later
Web Site: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerToolSys5.html
What’s New in TinkerTool System 5.95
- Added new feature to recreate the shared users folder if that system folder has been deleted inadvertently. This feature is also available for unregistered users.
- Added new feature to perform a bulk integrity check on applications in a folder or on an entire volume (macOS 10.13 or later only).
- Added new feature to present the different definitions of free storage space used by macOS per volume (macOS 10.13 or later only). This feature is also available for unregistered users.
- Added new feature to check the integrity of the EFI firmware immediately (macOS 10.13 or later only; only on Macintosh models where this is supported by Apple).
- Added new feature to check the integrity of the firmware of Broadcom® Ethernet devices (macOS 10.13 or later only).
- The feature to delete the partition table on disks is now also available for macOS 10.13 or later again.
- The feature to test fans is now also available on Macintosh models protected by an Apple T2 processor.
- The feature to create install media now recognizes incomplete installer apps and warns about possible issues in advance.
- The Info pane now also shows the SMC version on Macintosh models where the SMC chip has been superseded by Apple’s BridgeOS.
- Added new internal diagnostics to create technical reports in cases where the launch of TinkerTool System is too slow or incomplete due to operating system issues.
- Fixed an issue where an erroneous warning about an unexpected change of the fstab file could be shown under specific circumstances when multiple administrators used TinkerTool System on one computer.