Descriptions for TinkerTool System 5.92 macOS
Name: TinkerTool System
Version: 5.92 Build 180417
Developer: Marcel Bresink
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: macOS 10.12 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.bresink.de/
System utilities toolkit for effortlessly performing advanced administration tasks in order to keep an Apple Macintosh computer in tip-top shape
Most macOS versions come with a collection of features that cannot be managed via the system graphical user interface, but can be easily enabled or disabled by using Terminal commands.
TinkerTool System is a very easy to use Mac app that offers you the possibility to access these functionalities through an user friendly graphical interface.
Quick to install system maintenance solution for your Mac computer
To make sure the TinkerTool System capabilities are used in a responsible manner, when you first launch the application, you must provide the system administrator passkey: this way, the app ensures that the current user is qualified to make changes that can seriously affect the computer’s performance.
The application’s user interface resembles the System Preferences window, so finding your way around is quite easy: select the type of tools you want to access and the app will open a new panel organizing all the available tools into several tabs.
Perform system maintenance tasks, manage files, and adjust system or user settings
You can employ the TinkerTool System app to trigger periodic system maintenance tasks, to repair file permissions, to optimize your system, to clean up your disk by removing hidden files, log archives, orphaned files, and so on.
On top of the features that come integrated with the macOS, TinkerTool System also includes a collection of powerful tools designed to resolve, fix, troubleshoot, or repair system “bugs”, damaged accounts, and so on.
User friendly software solution that provides access to hidden macOS functionalities and to other maintenance tools
In a nutshell, TinkerTool System is great to have around if you want to access certain macOS functionalities without having to use the command line: the app allows you to launch maintenance tasks via an intuitive user interface (most tools have self explanatory names).
Furthermore, TinkerTool System also includes emergency and diagnostics capabilities that can handle troubleshooting and repair operations in the same manner.
What’s new in TinkerTool System 5.92 Build 180417
April 19th, 2018
- Added new feature to display the startup time and uptime of the operating system on the Info pane.
- Added new feature to create symbolic links with relative paths as alternative to using absolute paths.
- Added new feature to modify the integrity-protected computer setting to disable all support for 32-bit software (macOS 10.13.4 or later only).
- Added new user interface to the product activation and evaluation features in order to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (EU Regulation 2016/679).
- Improved performance of the application when Time Machine operations are running in the background.
- Corrected a problem where certain user responses in the restart options dialog after resetting a user’s Launch Services database could be ignored.