Name: TinkerTool System
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
RAM minimum: -
Video RAM: -
What's New 4.01:
Note: TinkerTool System 4 requires OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
Corrected a problem with very fast computers where the startup of the application could take a very long time and the message panel "The application is checking its privileges" stayed on screen.
Corrected a problem with a cancelled startup of the Caches pane if a non-native application or an application with a defective icon was running while TinkerTool System 4 was launching.
Corrected a problem where the search for software products during the deletion of language support packages was intermittently cancelled and the progress sheet stayed on screen.
Corrected a problem where a deleted system folder for preference panes could cause the feature to install the control pane for the Archive utility to fail. This feature can now repair the folder and update outdated installations from previous versions of OS X.
The performance of the application was optimized when the user leaves the pane for code thinning although analysis jobs for processor architectures were still running in the background.
The height and layout of the Info pane was optimized to enhance support for Macintosh systems with 11-inch screens.
TinkerTool System 4 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant. This includes:
TinkerTool System 4
• built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
• extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder,
• the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
• genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
• an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
• features to protect your privacy, e.g. by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account,
• functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.