Descriptions for Description
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of Chris
Release Date: August 11, 2015
What's New in Version 2.1
- New Dark Theme!
- Updated in-app icons
To enable: Go to System Preferences > General > Check the box for "Use dark menu bar and Dock"
Thumbtack is a menu bar utility that provides quick and easy access to all of the bookmarks in your Pinboard account. It lets you easily save, search, and share any of your bookmarks.
You don't have to be a Pinboard power-user to enjoy the benefits of having a Pinboard account. The Pinboard service is great at storing bookmarks to webpages for quick access at a later time. Thumbtack caters to that notion by simply providing immediate access to all of the items in your account directly from the menu bar.
Thumbtack 2 was re-written from the ground up exclusively for OS X Yosemite. This ensures that not only is Thumbtack quick and responsive, but it utilitzes the latest technology.
IN THE PRESS:
“Thumbtack, a menu bar utility that gives quick access to your Pinboard account. Slick.”
- David Sparks
“Thumbtack is beautifully made. It’s a tiny application in many respects, making very few demands on your system or on your screen’s precious pixels.”
- Cult of Mac
• Quick access to all of your Pinboard items
• Conveniently located in the menu bar
• Fast search with advanced filters including tags and toread.
• Easily share to any of OS X services like Facebook, Twitter and more...
• Save items with the Safari Share extension or system-wide service
• Native integration with Spotlight for finding and previewing items
• AppleScript support for extending to third-party apps
• Quicklook Preview bookmarks with the spacebar
• Fully Customizable Global Hotkey
• Copy a bookmark with a single click
• Delete bookmarks right from within Thumbtack
• Keyboard Navigation
• Retina compatible graphics
• Optimized exclusively for OS X Yosemite
• Easy to use and it will save you time!
* A paid Pinboard account is required to use Thumbtack