Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
Our screencast is a great introduction.
- The big picture. A Leopardstyle source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of ToDos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it’s multiple tags, dates or notes, ToDo items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won’t lock you in.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later 64 bit
Web Site: https://culturedcode.com/things/mac/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/things-3/id904280696?mt=12
What’s New in Things 3.9
Things 3.9 is our big “Spring Cleaning” release – the culmination of months of work, with broad refactorings, architectural changes, and optimizations.
Most of these major changes are under the hood, so you should experience almost no difference in behavior.
In addition, we’ve made the following minor improvements on the Mac:
- Tweaked date formats throughout the app and app extensions.
- Added Quick Entry with Autofill support for the Opera web browser.
- Made behavior of the Cmd(Opt)K and Cmd(Opt). shortcuts match the iPad app.
- Improved how Things URLs with the search parameter are handled.
- Fixed a visual glitch with the search field’s clear button while running Things in Light Mode.
- Fixed a bug where the UI might not update properly when moving todos to different days in the Upcoming list.
- Fixed a bug where adding a todo’s first tag via CmdShiftT could break sometimes.
- Fixed some issues with several keyboard shortcuts when using the Russian input source.
- Fixed an AppleScript issue where a list’s todos would include list headers in a result.
There are also usability improvements for the accompanying 3.9 release on iPhone and iPad:
- The app is significantly faster to launch, and also when opening a todo, or tapping to create a new todo.
- The layout of collapsed todos is improved, particularly for smaller iPhones, so that more of the title is visible.
- Usability of the popover for setting dates has been improved to provide more clarity, especially when also setting reminders.