Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
Our screencast is a great introduction.
- The big picture. A Leopardstyle source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of ToDos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it’s multiple tags, dates or notes, ToDo items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won’t lock you in.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later 64 bit
Web Site: https://culturedcode.com/things/mac/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/things-3/id904280696?mt=12
What’s New in Things 3.8.2
This update accompanies our 3.8 release for iOS, which brings Dark Mode to our mobile apps. On your iPhone and iPad, you can now choose between three beautiful appearances – Light, Dark, and Black – or have it switch automatically based on your display brightness.
Here on the Mac, where Dark Mode was added in 3.7, some users requested an extra option to run Things in Light Mode even when the operating system was set to Dark. This is now possible from the View menu. This update also includes various other fixes and stability improvements.
New in Things 3.8.2
- Added Quick Entry support for the Brave web browser.
- Added support for tagging/untagging an area via keyboard shortcut while editing its title or tags in the right pane.
- Added support for Cmd+Return in all tag fields.
- Enabled the Cmd+Ctrl+T shortcut to reveal the tag management window while using Quick Entry.
- Switched to light scrollbars while in Dark Mode.
- Improved handling of dragged or pasted URLs with titles.
- Changed how links to files and folders are formatted in the notes of projects and todos: we now show the full path.
- Changed how clicks on file and folder links are handled: rather than opening them directly, the target is revealed in Finder.
- Fixed an issue where an empty list’s watermark image might not appear while in Light Mode.
- Fixed an issue where changes could be lost when quitting the app while editing a todo.
- Fixed an issue where a gray strip could appear across the top of the window while while editing a todo in full screen mode.
- Fixed an issue where an offcolor strip could appear across the window while in Dark Mode.
- Fixed a bug where reminders could stop working in some very rare circumstances.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging todos between windows.
- Fixed some performance issues with Calendar Events.