Name: Things 3
Release Date: May 02, 2018
Developer: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11.0 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://culturedcode.com/things/mac/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/things-3/id904280696?mt=12
Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager mac-torrent-download.net with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
HERE’S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you’re new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly: no matter what app you’re in, a keyboard shortcut instantly reveals Quick Entry. mac-torrent-download.net Type your thoughts and save them to the Inbox. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to…”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. mac-torrent-download.net Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. mac-torrent-download.net Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. mac-torrent-download.net Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE’S WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. mac-torrent-download.net No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. As an example, take Type Travel, a remarkable new way to navigate your lists. You just start typing where you want to go – the name of any project, area, or to-do – and instantly you’re transported there. Or look at the Natural Date Input – just type “Tom(orrow)”, “Sat(urday)”, “in fou(r days)”, “Au(gust 1)”., and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of macOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest macOS technologies: Touch Bar, Today Widget, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Share Extension, Handoff, and AppleScript.
5. And much more…
Everyone’s got their favorite feature, it’s impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Get Things for iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch and stay productive on the go (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
What’s New in Things 3.5.1
Things 3 has been out for a while now and we’ve received lots of fantastic feedback – thank you so much! For today’s release, we took a close look at all your suggestions and revisited many areas of the app to polish it up. The result is Things 3.5 – a “Spit and Polish” release that combines 29 great little features and improvements into one big update.
AREAS — Now Collapsable!
Without a doubt, collapsable areas has been one of our most requested features. If your project list is super long – or if you just don’t want to see work projects on the weekend – collapse your areas to hide them.
- We’ve made the tags window searchable on iOS. Sweet! Just pull down and start typing to find the tag you want.
- We’ve made appwide tag searches broader. When you search for a tag, you won’t just see items with that tag, but also items with its nested tags.
- A feature from Things 2 has also made a comeback: you can once again filter by “No Tag”.
INPUT/OUTPUT — Copy & Paste Magic
- Paste text from other apps into Things to create new todos (multiple lines of text will create multiple todos).
- Paste multiple lines of text into the title field of a todo; the first line is the title, the rest goes into the notes.
- New on Mac: Copy todos, headings, or projects and paste them into other apps.
- New on Mac: Copy todos, projects, or headings and paste them into other lists within Things.
- New on Mac: Drag text into a Things window to create new todos (you can also drag files from Finder, people from Contacts, emails from Mail, etc.).
- New on Mac: Move items to other lists by hitting Cmd+C and then using the new “Move Here” shortcut: Cmd+Option+V.
On iOS, you’ll find the new paste option in the top right corner under the (v) menu.
THINGS URLs — Update Existing Items
We were extremely pleased with the launch of Things URLs, which allow you to create data in Things from outside the app. One of the main feature requests we’ve received is to provide a way to also make *changes* to items that already exist. This is now possible, thanks to our new UPDATE commands. See our website for more info.
The Today Widget now shows:
- Inline icons for checklists & reminders.
- A moon for items in This Evening.
- Progress pies for projects.
- Some people have projects with thousands of todos. Whoa! Those projects should load faster now.
- We’ve sped up the generation of new repeating todo instances.
Links are now consistently detected everywhere: in to-do titles, notes, and checklists.
- Redesigned settings on iOS for more clarity.
- A new setting on iOS: Today \> Group by List.
- Options in the MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar can now be customized.
- Full completion dates are now displayed in the Logbook.
- Improved how multiday events are displayed.
We’ve been working with Zapier to build deeper integration with our Mail to Things feature. They’ve now published a range of official Zaps that let you create to-dos from business tools such as Slack, Trello, Basecamp, and more.
- Headings in projects can now be duplicated.
- Improved layout when in fullscreen mode on Mac.
- Fixed a bug that could affect the system alert volume.
- Fixed a crash when duplicating items that were new in Today.
- Fixed two other crashes.
—— New in Things 3.5.1 ——
- Improved stability and bug fixes.