|Created on||2019-05-04 00:41:20|
|Files||the_swords_of_ditto__mormo_s_curse_en_1_14_01_202_29172.pkg (739.7 MB)|
The Swords of Ditto is a roguelite action RPG that creates a unique adventure for each new hero of legend in the relentless fight against the evil Mormo. Explore a delightful but dangerous overworld, brave menacing dungeons, and improve your hero in a charming village, during your quest to overcome the evil that plagues the island. Unleash the mystical Sword of Ditto and grab a co-op friend for an unforgettable adventure filled with delightful characters, extraordinary loot, and heroic battles!
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OSX 10.11 or higher
Processor type(s) & speed: Core i5
RAM minimum: 4 GB
Languages: English, Deutsch, español, français, Português do Brasil, русский, 中文(简体), 日本語, 한국어
Version: GOG Installer v1.14.01-202 (02.05.2019)
- Revamped Structure: The game structure has been totally gutted, and the divisive permadeath feature has been removed. You will still fail a story if you die while climbing Mormo’s Palace at the end, or if you play in Hero Mode, but otherwise, if you fall, you will collapse and wake up in your house having dropped some cash and fragments. The game is now more forgiving and easier to enjoy.
- The end game has been drastically improved, with much more to do, and more variation in the game’s rules. For example, when you defeat Mormo, in the next story she will cast one of her curses on you, changing the rules of the world for that story. (The Time Curse that was cast in the Timeless Update remains as one of those curses).
- New Areas & Improved Overworld: The Overworld has been drastically overhauled, to be denser, more engaging, and more focused. We’ve also added four unique areas with their own specific features, two of which are chosen for each story.
- New Toys, Enemies & Stickers: The new areas bring bespoke enemies, and dedicated shops which sell new Stickers with amazing abilities and unique Toys of Legend (such as the Axe, the Book of the Dead, the Vampire Ring and many more). We’ve also added a number of support items to the player inventory, such as the Inflatable Decoys, Mines and Kick Me Signs.
- Bug-Fixes and General Improvements: Most of the game has been looked at and smoothed over, including room layouts, item carry over at the end of a story, all menus and user interface, the integration of the Air Kazoo map into the main map, memory management, NPC dialogue and localisation and more.
- Port to GameMaker Studio 2: The previous version of the game was running in GameMaker Studio 1.4, which was deprecated by YoYo Games last summer. The move to GMS2 means many technical improvements. For Windows players that means no more DirectX 9, improving compatibility across the board, including for many integrated GPUs. Ubuntu support is now at 18.04, with audio and gamepad issues fixed. There’s also much-improved performance, and, crucially, YYG will now be able to offer support for any engine-based issues we come across.
These are just a few of the things that we’ve been busy with, however. The general goal throughout the development of Mormo’s Curse was to make it a much better game; one that we are much happier with. We hope you enjoy all of the improvement we’ve made, and look forward to seeing what you think!
What’s New in The Swords of Ditto Mormo’s Curse v1.14.01-202
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.