Name: Textual 7
Release Date: May 09, 2018
Developer: Codeux Software, LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.codeux.com/textual/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/textual-7/id1262957439?mt=12
Textual is the world’s most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
• Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
• Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
• Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
• Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
- Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
- Autocompletion for nicknames, commands, and channels
- Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
- Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
- Growl and native Notification Center support
- Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
- Inline nickname colorization
- Perchannel notification controls
- Powerful ZNC integration for power users
- Powerful filters that can perform commands in response to input
- Powerful, customizable, rulebased ignore matching
- Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
- Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
- SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
- Support for sending selfsigned certificates for authentication
- Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
- Viewing multiple channels at the same time
- iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
…and much, much more!
See https://www.codeux.com/ for more information
What’s New in Textual 7.0.9
- [ADDED]: Added support for RPL_REAWAY (597), RPL_GONEAWAY (598), and RPL_NOTAWAY (599).
- [CHANGED]: Away status can now be found next to your nickname in the title bar of the main window.
- [CHANGED]: Commands are now sorted alphabetically when performing tab completion. (Thanks Christopher)
- [CHANGED]: Improved performance and reliability of ignores.
- [CHANGED]: myip.codeux.com is now used by default for obtaining IP address information during file transfers when all other means have failed. This behavior can be changed in the File Transfer section of Preferences.
- [CHANGED]: The means by which IP address information is obtained during file transfers can now be changed to use information from the router with no external sources as a fallback. See the File Transfer section of Preferences.
- [FIXED]: Fixed a crash that may occur when clicking “View Logs” or “Query Logs”.
- [FIXED]: Fixed inability to jump to highlights by double clicking them in the Highlight List window.
- [FIXED]: Fixed inability to reveal new messages when scrolled up when using the style Equinox.
- [FIXED]: Fixed the scrollback going dark when using the style Equinox.
- [FIXED]: Fixed highlight exclusions not working correctly for perserver and perclient highlights.
- [FIXED]: Fixed the “Textual is unable to access the folder that’s configured for your log location” prompt appearing on screen even when logging is disabled.
- [FIXED]: Fixed the interceptUserInput:command: plugin API throwing an exception for nil return values.
See textualapp.com/changes for history of changes.