Descriptions for Textual 7.0.7
Released: Jan 19th, 2018
Developer: Codeux Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://codeux.com/textual/
A lightweight and simple to use macOS IRC client that provides the tools needed to stay in touch with your friends using the internet
Mac users don’t have lots of options when it comes to IRC (short for Internet Relay Chat) clients because most of them look pretty bad on macOS and aren’t as user-friendly as we would like from macOS apps.
As an alternative, you could try Textual, a modern looking IRC client, with a streamlined and clean macOS interface and tons of customization features.
Everything you could ever want from an IRC client
With perfect macOS integration, this IRC client comes with iCloud support for your connections and settings, as well as with support for Notification Center notifications, so you can rest assured that instant notifications will always be received each time you are being approached by other users.
Not only this, but Textual also includes other, more advanced, features that you want in an IRC client, such as ZNC support, SSL with cert validation, username, command and channel auto-completion, inline media embedding, native keyboard shortcuts, SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support, as well as support for sending certificates for authentication, just to name a few.
Choose from its built-in collection of themes or install add-ons to improve its functionality
Also worth mentioning is Textual’s integration with the Address Book app, so that you can easily track when your friends are online, its support for add-ons that will extend its functionality, and its support for rule-based ignore matching, which makes it easy for you to block unwanted and annoying parties.
As far as customizability features go, you will also not be disappointed, as Textual comes with an attractive set of themes, suitable for both very lit and very dark environments, with text formatting options, and support for emoticons and emoji.
Powerful and highly customizable IRC client for your Mac
To conclude, with its large collection of powerful features, perfect system integration, and beautiful native interface, Textual is a must-have IRC client designed for macOS users that like the concept behind the, once powerful, IRC.
What’s new in Textual 7.0.7
INLINE MEDIA: NEW SERVICES:
- Textual is now capable of showing more than images inline with chat.
Beginning with version 7.0.7, the follow types of media can be inlined:
- Imgur .gifv files
- Liveleak (Disabled by default)
- Pornhub (Disabled by default)
- Twitch Clips
- Twitch Live
- Regular image files
- Regular video files
INLINE MEDIA: NEW PREFERENCES:
- Several preferences have been added to the Advanced sections of Preferences to provide more control over what is shown inline with chat.
INLINE MEDIA: OTHER CHANGES:
- To improve performance, when a piece of media is hidden, it is completely removed from memory.
- The logic that determines which color is assigned to a nickname has changed.
- Nicknames are now assigned a consistent, unique color instead of picking from a pool of thirty possibilities.
- A specific color can now be assigned to a nickname using the setcolor command.
- Multiple versions of the same style (built-in, custom, or iCloud) are now selectable in Preferences.
- A “Perform authentication” link is now presented in lieu of a sheet when an Off-the-Record conversation is started with a chat partner that is not recognized.
- Fixed crash that may occur when restoring messages from previous session.
- Fixed crash that may occur when syncing custom fonts using iCloud syncing.
- Fixed bug in Blowfish Encryption addon that caused messages not appear in chat.
ADDON BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY:
- Some custom styles will not work correctly with Textual 7.0.7 without modification.