Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
RAM minimum: n/a
Video RAM: n/a
Actions: rename, tag, or trash files from search results Sharing: send files by Mail, Messages, Facebook, etc. File Info window: easy-to-read overview of important file properties View options: font size, date format, grid of icons or previews Collapsible groups: hide seldomly visited groups Menu bar button and global keyboard shortcuts Speed and looks! Faster. Better looking.
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tembo-2.0-find-files/id1014969565?mt=12
More Info: http://www.houdah.com/tembo
Tembo is a super-efficient, organized file search tool. It will get to your files as quickly as possible. Tembo finds files, folders, mail messages, bookmarks, images, etc.
Search starts with a single text entry. From there, Tembo takes a guiding role to get you to your files. It groups search results by file type category. Within each category, it provides appropriate filters to narrow down search results.
For each group, Tembo first shows the top 10 matches. Often enough, you will find the sought for file right there.
The real power of Tembo is revealed when you drill down into a group. You will find up to 10’000 search results within each group. Tembo provides you with context-appropriate filters. These help you sort through the list of results and quickly find what you are looking for. E.g. a single click reduces Documents search results to only Word files.
Tembo is focused on file search, easy to use and makes finding files easy. Painless. Actually: enjoyable.
\\ What filters are available?
• Bookmarks & History: Type, URL Domain
• Documents: File Type
• Fonts: File Type
• Images: Resolution, File Type
• Messages: Subject, From, To
• Movies: File Type, Codec
• Music: Artist, File Type
• PDF Documents: Author
• Source Code Files: File Type
\\ What is new in Tembo 2.0 ?
• Actions: rename, tag, or trash files from search results
• Sharing: send files by Mail, Messages, Facebook, etc.
• File Info window: easy-to-read overview of important file properties
• View options: font size, date format, grid of icons or previews
• Collapsible groups: hide seldomly visited groups
• Menu bar button and global keyboard shortcuts
• Speed and looks! Faster. Better looking.
\\ What can I do with search results?
• Double-click a file to open it.
• Hold the option key while double-clicking to send Tembo to the background
• Use the action button to perform tasks: rename, trash, tag, etc.
• Use the share button to share selected files with others
• Hit the space bar to get a QuickLook preview of the file
• Control-click or right-click to access the context menu
• Drag a file out of Tembo into Finder or into another application
\\ Which files can Tembo find?
Tembo uses the existing Spotlight index. Tembo can find any file indexed by Spotlight. This includes files in the Library folders, but excludes most system files, hidden files, etc.