Name: TeleStream Episode Engine with Pro Audio Option
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.11 or later
RAM minimum: 8
The Episode product family (including Episode, Episode Pro and Episode Engine) will not be available for purchase after January 31, 2017. Telestream will continue to provide support to Episode customers with active maintenence and support contracts until January 31, 2018.
* The highest quality video transcoding for the entire digital post-production workflow.
* Professional format support (MXF, GXF, MPEG-2/4 Transport Streams, Image sequences & multi-bitrate streaming formats).
* High volume throughput at maximum speed with unlimited parallel processing & Split-and-Stitch® distributed encoding.
* Episode Engine is optimized for performance and speed.
Best-in-class video processing
10-bit encoding engine and fine-tuning compression combine to allow you to generate pristine picture quality. Brilliant "true to the original" results for simple transcoding jobs as well as more complex encoding jobs such as standards conversion. In addition bumpers, trailers and watermarks can also be added to enhance and protect your video content.
Extensive format support
Episode supports the widest range of formats in its class including all the major input output formats for web, streaming, VOD, production, broadcast and more. Whatever your encoding needs may be, Episode can handle them. New in version 7.0, Episode adds support for formats including JPEG2000, DNxHD, DNxHR and DVCPro HD, as well as built-in support for 4K.
Pro Audio Option
* Dolby Digital (AC3) - contains up to six discrete channels of sound.
* AAC(1) HE - High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding, a lossy data compression scheme for digital audio defined as a MPEG-4 Audio profile in ISO/IEC 14496-3.
* AAC(1) LC - Low Complexity Advanced Audio Coding optimized for low-bitrate applications such as streaming audio.
* AMR - Adaptive Multi-Rate audio codec, an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding.
(1) AAC support is now included in Episode 7
Closed caption support
Episode enables caption insertion with encoding and pass-through options, and supports CEA-608 and CEA-708 captioning standards as well as MCC and SCC caption formats. With federal regulations mandating captioning, this will enable post-production workflows to handle embedded captions easily.
Multi-bitrate streaming support
Multi-bitrate streaming improves a viewer's experience by letting users deliver videos in the resolution and bit rate that best matches viewers' connection speeds. From 6.5, users will be able to easily encode and create packages for Apple HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and MPEG-DASH with a click of a button.
Cluster machines to share encoding loads
Collaboration and clustering are at the core of Episode's design. Easily join multiple machines together, both Mac and PC, and share encoding work among workstations. There is no need for costly add-ons or IT assistance. Episode's built-in file sharing system makes offloading work from one machine to another a snap. Simply prep your encoding work, send it off to the cluster and get it back when it's done.
Episode. Affordable transcoding for individuals and workgroups