Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
RAM minimum: N/A
Video RAM: N/A
What's New in Version 1.2.4:
• Stay is now compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
• Stay 1.2.4 requires a minimum of OS X 10.9. Stay 1.2.3 remains available for users running OS X 10.8.
• The "Edit Stored Windows…" windows are resizable.
• Updated status bar icon for Yosemite.
• Better progress feedback during long store and restore operations.
• Reliability improvements for Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, Terminal, iTerm 2, iTunes, Messages, Reminders, Tweetbot.
• Worked around a bug in OS X that caused windows to disappear when repositioned by Stay under certain circumstances.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a hidden app to be incorrectly unhidden when restoring windows with multiple Desktops enabled.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the use of window linking with windows not on the main screen.
More info: https://cordlessdog.com/stay/
If you’re fastidious about keeping your windows tidy, Stay is for you. Stay ensures that your windows are always where you want them to be, even as you connect and disconnect displays.
Move your windows to where you want them, then have Stay store them. Once stored, windows can be returned to their stored state at any time by having Stay restore them.
Stay can store a set of windows for every combination of displays that you use with your computer.
For example, if you have a laptop that is sometimes connected to an external monitor, you can store two sets of windows in Stay; one with the external monitor connected and one without. This done, you’ll be able to ensure that your windows are always where you want them to be by having Stay restore windows whenever you connect or disconnect the external monitor.
Stay can even be configured to automatically restore windows as displays are connected and disconnected.