Name: Starry Night Pro Plus
OS X 10.7 or later
128 MB OpenGL 1.4-capable graphics
Web Site: http://www.starrynight.com/ProPlus7/index.html
Starry Night Pro Plus 7 makes it easier than ever to access professional grade features and databases, and control your telescope. Engineered for precision, designed for research, and continually evolving for the astronomer who expects the very best in-class planetarium experience.
Tons of New Features Included in the All New Version 7!
- Planetary Texture Collection offers up to 100 planet and moon maps showing rock and element locations, mineral composition, chemical distribution, gravity, magnetic field, notable topographic features, and much more
- All Sky Survey Images from Planck, IRASCOBE and 2 Micron reveal a dramatically different view of our sky and let you explore the relic radiation left over from the Big Bang.
- Improved Telescope Support.
- Expanded asteroid catalog with highlighted/highlightable families and groups.
- Updated Equipment List includes the latest telescopes, eyepieces, and accessories.
- Analemma can now be drawn on a planets surface
- Exclusive Extragalactic 3D Database includes over 200,000 galaxies encompassing over 1 billion lights years of space
- New Photorealistic Horizon Panoramas make you feel like you are there.
- All known exoplanets as 3D bodies with proper location, size, orbit and planetary texture
- Stunning new user interface with Universal Search, locates sky objects, favourite files, SkyGuide pages, options, events, and more.
- New highly detailed surface textures of planets and major moons
- All stars accurately rendered as 3dimensional bodies with classificationappropriate color, texture and relative radii.
- Expanded set of “Space Missions” including 30 new detailed and accurate 3D models of spacecraft and their trajectories. Updates to new/ongoing missions.
- The most precise planetary positions available (using Jet Propulsion Laboratory, JPLDE422 ephemerides.)
- 3500 unique object text descriptions for stars, planets, moons, satellites, exoplanets, space missions, deep sky objects and, more.
- Restyled SkyGuide with updated tours and media
- Advanced Planet Rendering for terrain shadows, specular reflections on water, and city night lights on dark side (Earth only).
- Updated Messier catalog with new visually stunning images for star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
Other Features of Starry Night Pro Plus 7:
- Zoom in on the firstever color All Sky CCD mosaic of the entire sky, to magnitude of 1415
- Connect to MaxIm DL to take pictures with your telescope and camera and import them into Starry Night*
- Observational Planner
- Ephemeris Generator
- Graph Tool
- Improved Telescope Control
- Equipment List
- FOV Indicators
- Image Editor
- 180 degrees field of view
- Advanced Guides (hour Angle, Precession, Galactic/ExtraGalactic)
- Path Options (Celestial and Local Paths)
- Orbit Editor
- Night Vision
- Advanced Light Pollution Settings
- Location Markers and Surface Feature Outlines
- 12 Milky Way Spectrums
- Travel in time from 99,999 BCE to 99,999 ACE
- Millions of DeepSky Object Databases
- Explore 16 million stars
- Celestial Event Finder
Starry Night Companion, a 192-page illustrated astronomy book PDF (embedded within the program)
New, comprehensive 146-page User’s Guide PDF (embedded within the program)
What’s New in Starry Night Pro Plus 7.6.3
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.