SSDReporter is an application that checks the health of your internal Solid State Disks (“SSD” aka “Flash Storage”). Since SSDs have a limited life-time determined by the number of write operations it is important to keep an eye on your SSD status. SSDReporter can warn you by e-mail or on-screen each time the health of your SSD decreases and/or when the health falls below the ‘warning’ or ‘error’ thresholds. The current status of your SSDs is also always easily recognizable because SSDReporter changes its icon (optionally in the menubar) from green to yellow (warning threshold) and finally red (error threshold) as the SSD health decreases.
*** LIMITATIONS & COMPATIBILITY ***
Only ‘internal’ SSDs are supported, disks connected via USB&FireWire do not work with SSDReporter.
eSATA & ThunderBolt connected SSDs may work if the enclosure is S.M.A.R.T.-compatible.
Some SSDs do not support S.M.A.R.T. at all or incompletely and therefore do not work with SSDReporter:
- the SSDs built into the Early 2015, Early 2016 and Mid 2017 MacBook 12″ are incompatible
- the SSDs built into the Late 2016 and Mid 2017 MacBook Pro are incompatible (those with ‘TouchBar’)
- the SSDs built into the 2017 iMac models are incompatible
- a few 2013 and 2014 MacBookAir models contain ‘TOSHIBA’ SSDs (APPLE SSD TS0128F/TS0256F) which are incompatible
- the “SEAGATE 600 SSD Series” is incompatible
- most ‘Micron’ and ‘Crucial’ SSDs are incompatible
- some ‘OCZ’ SSDs including the ArC, ONYX, AGILITY4, VECTOR & VERTEX3/4/450/460 but excluding the TRION are incompatible
- most ‘OWC’ SSDs including the MERCURY ELECTRA and the ‘Aura SSD for Mac Pro’ are incompatible
- many ‘Micron’ and ‘Crucial’ SSDs are incompatible
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
- macOS 10.10 ‘Yosemite’ or later
- At least one compatible internal “Solid State Disk” (SSD) or “Flash Storage” disk (see above)
Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.corecode.io
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/ssdreporter/id980258689?mt=12
What’s New in SSDReporter 1.5.1
- Added compatibility with more HYNIX SSDs like the ‘HFS240G3PMNB’
- Added compatibility with the ‘TOSHIBA Q200 EX’ SSD
- Added compatibility with the ‘ADATA SP600’ SSD