Name: Download SoundSource
Developer: Rogue Amoeba Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/
Fast and unobtrusive audio input / output source switcher that also helps you control the volume separately for each source via the menu bar
SoundSource is a simple to use macOS application that will allow you to quickly switch your Mac’s audio input and output sources with a single click.
Moreover, SoundSource is a menu bar based utility that gives you instant access to Input, Output and System device and volume settings.
As an added advantage, the SoundSource macOS app also provides you with a quick way to get to the full Sound Preference Pane.
Furthermore, with the help of SoundSource, you will be able to swiftly change from one input or output device to another, and this makes it an indispensable tool for DJs and other music professionals.
You may also like its ability to route your Mac’s system sounds to secondary hardware to stay out of your way.
Additionally, the SoundSource utility is a low-key way to keep a close eye on input audio sources from the comfort of your Mac’s menu bar.
What’s new in SoundSource 3.1.0
April 18th, 2018
- SoundSource 3.1 brings improvements to the Play-Thru window for multi-channel devices, as well as fast access to both the Sound system preference and MacOS's bundled Audio MIDI Setup application. The update also includes several small improvements and bug fixes. Get this free update now!
Updated in SoundSource 3.1:
- Major Enhancement: SoundSource's Play-Thru window now has full channel support for multi-channel devices.
- Major Enhancement: The main menu now includes a System sub-menu, providing fast access to both the Sound system preference and MacOS's bundled Audio MIDI Setup application.
- Enhancement: SoundSource now works around device visibility issues caused by incorrect behavior seen in apps such Boom.
- Bug Fix: CPU usage has been improved when the SoundSource Play-Thru window is closed.
- Bug Fix: The “Track” options for Input and Output devices in the Play-Thru window have been made more robust, to better handle instances where MacOS does not report a default device.
- Other: The License window has been updated and improved.