Record, edit, and produce your audio with Sound Studio, an easy-to-use Mac app for recording and editing digital audio on your computer. Digitize tapes and vinyl records, record live performances, create your own mixes with crossfades, tweak the levels and EQ, apply digital effects, and save in all major file formats.
The Mac’s most popular audio program for many years, Sound Studio continues to be regularly updated to add new features and to take advantage of the newest Apple technologies.
With Sound Studio you can record professional-sounding Podcasts and other audio dialog. Spoken word, speeches, presentations, music, and other audio can all be recorded and edited with the same high fidelity.
You can save in the following standard file formats:
- MPEG4 AAC
- ADTS AAC
- Ogg Vorbis
- tabdelimited text
- Apple Lossless
You can apply the following effects and filters:
- Fade In, Fade Out, and Fade Special (with an envelope)
- Dynamics Compressor
- Dynamics Expander
- Noise Gate Expander
- Add Noise (or cowbell)
- DC Offset
- Invert Signal Polarity
- Swap Left and Right Channels
- Backwards/Reverse Audio
- Delay and Echo
- Pitch and Tempo
- 3band, 10band, and chartbased Graphic EQ
- High Pass
- Low Pass
- Audio recording and playback on up to 2 channels.
- Number of tracks limited only by processor and memory constraints.
- AudioUnit plugin hosting.
- Uses 32bit floating point PCM format internally.
- Markers: automatically generate markers in silent gaps or in a grid.
- Split by Markers: lets you split a long file into separate tracks.
- Has FM synthesis, sine, triangle, square wave, and noise generators.
- Snap to Zero Crossings.
- Preserves BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) data in .WAV files.
- Zoom in as close as sample level.
- AppleScript and Automator support.
- 64bit Intel app binary.
How to select tracks/channels in Sound Studio 4.7.0 and later:
To select an individual track or set of tracks in Sound Studio, hold down the Command key and then click on the track(s) you’d like to select. By default, clicking once in the main waveform view automatically selects all tracks. Many users were previously unable to easily select and edit all tracks in Sound Studio, so we made this change to make this feature possible. You can read more about this feature in our user manual under Keyboard Shortcuts at http://felttip.com/ss/reference.html.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later 64bit
Web Site: http://felttip.com
Mac App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sound-studio/id405537804
What’s New in Sound Studio 4.9.0
- MP3saving (with CBR and VBR options) is now included in Sound Studio!
- Fixed a bug where MP3 files would be truncated when saved.
- Fixed a bug where changes to High Pass and Low Pass filter settings would not affect the live preview.
- Fixed memory leaks.