|Created on||2018-11-14 02:40:42|
|Files||SoftRAID 5.7.2.zip (46.72 MB)|
SoftRAID 5.7.2 macOS
SoftRAID allows you to create and manage disk arrays to increase performance and reliability. SoftRAID’s intuitive interface and powerful feature set make this utility a must-have for any Mac OS X Server admin, “Pro” user, photographer, digital-video editor, or desktop user who wants more reliable backup for his computer.
We are really excited about this release of SoftRAID. Eighteen months ago, we set out to create a new RAID Engine in software which would equal the performance and reliability of dedicated hardware RAID controllers, and we’ve more than accomplished that. SoftRAID is the premier disk driver for Mac OS X, replacing the basic functionality of Apple’s RAID driver, which has not been updated since 2009.
More RAID levels:
- SoftRAID version 5 users can now create RAID 4, RAID 5 and RAID 1+0 volumes, with all the performance, monitoring and reliability features that users have come to expect from SoftRAID.
Outstanding RAID 5 Performance – exceeds 1 Gigabyte per second:
- SoftRAID 5 offers incredible performance over Thunderbolt, with superior performance compared to most hardware RAID offerings.
Partial list of SoftRAID Features:
- Support for all intel based Macs, 10.6 and later RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 4 and 5 (and nonRAID volumes)
- All SoftRAID volume can be startup volumes.
- Up to 16 disks per volume Up to 32 total volumes per Mac Support for Thunderbolt 1 & 2, eSATA, SAS, FireWire and USB
- Automatic rebuilding of RAID volumes “Fast Mirror Rebuilds” for accelerated rebuild times
- Disk error reporting
- Email notification
- Predictive failure analysis
- Disk and disk certification
- Volume validation SMART testing on all disks I/o requests by disk and by volume
- Extended disk information: Hours of use, bus speed, reallocated sector count and media wear for SSDs
- Disk labeling and blinking for identification
- Complete logging of SoftRAID events
- Command LIne tools Built in recovery tools for recovering severely damaged partition maps
- Intel, 64bit processor
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Support for TRIM commands on SSD’s require OS X 10.7.5 or later
Web Site: https://www.softraid.com/index.html
What’s New in SoftRAID 5.7.2
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.