The digital design toolkit – Sketch is a design toolkit built to help you create your best work — from your earliest ideas, through to final artwork.
Sketch is built for designers like you.
With useful features, an intuitive interface and powerful plugins built by a community of developers, it helps you focus on what you do best.
- Complete Toolkit
- Nondestructive Editing
- Pixel Precision
- Vector Editing
- Export Presets
- Code Export
- Grid and Guides
Design once. Reuse anywhere. Update easily.
With Symbols, Sketch takes the pain out of working with repeated design elements — from icons to avatars.
Iterate at speed
Create a master Symbol, use it anywhere in your document and Sketch will sync your changes.
Override text and images
Edit text and images in your Symbols — wherever they’re used — for dynamic designs.
One size fits all
Resize Symbols wherever you use them to test elements across different screen sizes.
Roll your own UI Kit
Sync, share and update Symbols, across all of your documents, with Libraries.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.2 or later, 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.sketchapp.com/
What’s New in Sketch 52.1
Improvements and Fixes:
- This update includes a variety of bug fixes, plus further UI improvements for Dark Mode.
- Fixed a bug where highlighting text in the text editor wouldn’t show the selection in some cases
- Fixed a bug where Artboards would not render, or render very slowly in certain documents
- Fixed a bug where subpaths used as masks wouldn’t appear as expected
- Fixed various bugs that could occur in the Sketch Cloud popover
- Fixed a bug where superfluous groups would be created when importing PDF and EPS files
- Fixed a bug where Font Sizes couldn’t be set with decimal precision
- Fixed various bugs that could occur when scrolling and expanding objects in the Layer List
- Fixed a bug where buttons to Hide and Lock Artboards were shown in the Layer List
- Fixed a bug where documents wouldn’t render correctly when panning on a Mac with NVIDIA graphics
- Fixed a bug where banding was visible on some background blurs
- Fixed a bug where the Color Picker would pick the wrong color on a Mac with NVIDIA graphics
- Fixed a bug where a list of exported filenames wouldn’t be printed when using the sketchtool export layers command
- Fixed a bug where the Show Pixels button in the toolbar wouldn’t toggle to show its current state
- Fixed a bug where Text Style previews shown in the Inspector wouldn’t reflect any applied text transforms
- Fixed a bug where picking a color from the Canvas in Dark Mode would pick its Light Mode color equivalent
- Fixed Apple Watch Artboard presets to use their point size rather than pixel size
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing documents containing Symbol instances whose masters had been removed
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing abnormal SVG files
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resizing grouped layers
- Fixed a bug where documents downloaded from Cloud would have an extra extension in their filename
New in Sketch 52:
- UI Redesign: Sketch now has a totally redesigned interface, improving usability and readability across the app.
- Improved Performance: Sketch is now more responsive when editing complex documents, rendering the Canvas, and selecting Symbols with many overrides.
- Dark Mode: We’ve added Dark Mode to Sketch for macOS Mojave.
- Nested Boolean Operations: Boolean Operations can now be applied to text layers, shapes with outlines, and Symbols.
- Data: You can now link layers to data sources on your Mac or use a custom plugin to create and generate text, images and other data in your documents.
- Style Overrides: Text Styles and Layer Styles inside Symbols can now be overridden just like nested Symbols, text and images.
- Improved reliability during uploads to Sketch Cloud
- All blur types now support decimal values
- Sketch now includes an Unsplash plugin that lets you add images from their stunning and expansive image library, without leaving the app
- Improved the process of selecting which Artboard should be displayed as the Start Point when launching Prototyping Preview
- Updated rendering pipeline to take advantage of GPU, providing improved rendering performance, especially when manipulating smaller layers
- Layers now snap to similar measurements of nearby layers only when those layers are visible in the viewport while resizing
- Copied CSS and SVG code no longer contains unnecessary defs groups and comments
- Improved SVG import to respect specified viewport sizes
- Inserting new layers will now snap only to existing layers that are visible
- Inserting new layers will now also snap to text baseline and capheight
- Improved snapping behaviours when inserting and editing layers
- While rotating multiple objects, selected layers are now rotated around the Rotate tool’s pivot point rather than rotating independently of one another
- You can now override a nested Symbol with Symbols that match the instance’s size as well as the master’s size
- Shadows and outer borders used by applied Symbol overrides are no longer clipped
- Added the ability to reset all edited overrides on a Symbol instance
- Hovering over an override in the Inspector will now highlight it in the Canvas
- Added new Artboard preset sizes for iPhones XR and XS Max, and Apple Watches 40mm and 44mm
- Added a new Offset Path option in Layer > Path to expand or contract the outline of a selected shape
- Added option to remove all export options in the Inspector
- Added the ability to create dotted lines with borders
- The offset duplicated layers preference is ignored when duplicating immediately after Optiondragging a layer
- Added a new Saturation control to Background Blur
- Added support for “Plus Darker” and “Plus Lighter” blend modes
- Default Layout and Grid colors are now red
- Fixed a bug where combining layers in transformed shape groups would unexpectedly reverse an applied transform
- Fixed a bug where Symbol previews wouldn’t respect the selected Color Profile
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing certain PDF files
- Fixed a bug where pressing the Escape key on a Symbol’s override would deselect its instance
- Fixed a bug where trailing semicolons in the Radius field would prevent changes to the entered value
- Fixed a bug where the prototyping UI and Artboard titles could be hidden when encompassed by clickanddrag selections
- Fixed a bug where Quick Look previews weren’t generated when saving Sketch documents
- Fixed a bug where moving a text layer would rerender other text layers visible in the Canvas
- Fixed a bug where resizing layers within a group wouldn’t snap to other objects or measurements as expected
- Fixed a bug where labels on measurement and distance guides for flipped layers might appear upside down
- Fixed a bug where Lines and open paths with arrow markers wouldn’t snap to guides
- Fixed a bug where layers with locked sizes wouldn’t snap to other objects while being resized
- Fixed a bug where flipping a layer in the Canvas could cause the layer to be resized disproportionately
- Fixed a bug where resizing Artboards could pixelfit layers previously positioned on subpixels
- Fixed a bug where resizing a group containing one or more rotated layers would result in unexpected dimensions
- Fixed a bug where the Smooth Corners option wouldn’t be respected in SVG exports
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing certain SVG files
- Fixed a bug where updating certain complex Shared Styles could fail
- Fixed a bug where inserting a Vector Point would snap to itself
- Fixed a bug where shadows and borders used by applied Symbol overrides might appear as if they’re clipped
- Fixed a bug where Symbol masters may be duplicated if they were edited before a previously copied instance was pasted
- Fixed a bug where list styling wouldn’t be included in Text Styles
- Fixed a bug where undoing the deletion of an Artboard would unexpectedly select both the Artboard and all of its content
- Fixed a bug where points along complex paths could have been removed when exiting the vector editor
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t measure against a ruler guide if Show Grid was enabled
- Fixed a rare bug where the rulers would stretch unexpectedly while resizing the document window
- Fixed a bug where multiple different presets could be selected as the default in the Presets preferences
- Fixed a bug where newly added pages might not be named correctly in certain cases
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Magic Wand tool
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to update certain plugins