Descriptions for Sketch 47
Name: Sketch for Mac
Release Date: 10 Oct 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.sketchapp.com/
An easy to use graphic editing application for macOS that makes it easy for you to work with multiple layers, vector drawings, and more
Complex graphic processing suites that usually include vector drawing capabilities employ a large chunk of your system’s resources, and might prove to be over complicated when working on small projects.
Effortless to install graphic processor featuring vector tools and multiple layers
Sketch is a lightweight macOS application designed to provide these functionalities in a clean, organized, yet stylish user interface. The app includes vector drawing tools, is able to work with multiple layers, allows you to define your own symbols, and much more.
Finding your way around Sketch is fairly intuitive, but the developers also provide an extensive online documentation: here you can learn how to work with layers, how to add and edit shapes, how to insert text objects, how to export specific layers, and much more.
Even without the documentation, due to the intuitive user interface, you will start working on your assignments in no time.
Packs basic vector drawing tools, but also includes powerful styling functions
For your convenience, Sketch also includes a set of templates for various types of projects (iOS App Icon, iOS UI Design, Mac App Icon, or Web Design) and a model (Welcome to Sketch).
The Sketch main window is separated in various sections: the center is reserved for the canvas, while the left panel displays the list of layers, and the right panel offers all the attributes and customization options for the currently selected object. At the same time, the top toolbar provides buttons for most frequently used tools.
Versatile graphic editor that enables you to work with multiple layers and vector objects without having to deal with complex workflows
Sketch is able to work with shadows, gradients, blending and blurring tools, allows you to create complex shapes by grouping multiple objects, comes with a powerful text rendering engine, and much more.
On the whole, Sketch provides a variety of efficient tools that enable you to start working on the graphic details for a wide range of project types, in no time. The low resources usage and the intuitive, streamlined workflow recommend it as a trusty companion for your designing endeavors.
What’s New in Sketch 47
- Improved performance for shadows in complex documents
- Improved performance when editing nested symbols
- Improved appearance of nested symbols, text styles, and shared styles so that they’re no longer nested within superfluous submenus
- The shortcut for inserting a new point mid-way between two existing points in the vector editor has changed from Command-click to Shift-click
- The “iOS UI Design” document is now a built-in Library, updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X, and makes use of our new Smooth Corners feature
- Individual layers can now be exported using the Command-E shortcut
- Added artboard presets for iPhone X and iPhone 8
- Fixed a bug where exporting and re-importing some bitmaps to Sketch would adjust their gamma and then render them incorrectly on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Fixed a bug where the Inspector could be truncated depending on your scroll bar preference
- Fixed a bug where an overridden symbol instance wouldn’t reflect changes to its master if both were located on the same page
- Fixed a bug where pasting symbol instances into their master would duplicate the symbol
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing certain symbol overrides
- Fixed a bug where adjusting the border thickness on lines would offset their paths
- Fixed a bug where creating a slice via the Export toolbar item would include any hidden layers within its bounds
- Fixed a bug where layer selection handles wouldn’t be hidden when adjusting the Radius slider
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when opening some documents
- Fixed a bug where the toolbar would not remain hidden between documents
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur with the Organize Shared Styles dialog
- Fixed a bug where the color picker could pick the wrong color from a bitmap if any guides were visible
- Fixed a bug that prevented documents containing certain colors from being uploaded to Sketch Cloud on macOS 10.13 High Sierra