|Created on||2019-09-14 00:52:58|
|Files||Scudo 1.0b8 mac-torrent-download.net.zip (39.72 MB)|
Scudo is a hybrid firewall for macOS that combines an inbound network-layer packet filter with an outbound application-layer firewall. Scudo helps protecting your Mac’s network services from unwanted connections from remote computers and improves your privacy and security controlling all apps network activities, allowing you to choose which app is allowed to connect to the network.
Everything is controlled in a single window, its usage is really simple and safe. Scudo uses a new technology to identify processes and apps: signature fingerprint. Because of that you are always sure that only genuine apps are allowed to connect. Should an authorized app be modified, hacked or tampered with, Scudo will notify it an block it. Additionally, a real-time apps connections monitor allows you to check all network activities of your Mac. A detailed PDF manual is included in the package. Scudo is derived from Murus and Vallum, and is a simpler and friendlier alternative to them.
- Easy to install and start
- Protect your shared documents and network services
- Protect your privacy blocking apps
- Popup notifications: define inbound and outbound rules on the fly
- Limit upload or download bandwidth
- Protect your network from well-known dangerous hosts using on-line blacklists
- Monitor connections and runtime rules
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra or 10.14 Mojave.
- Web Site
- Developer Website
What’s New in Scudo 1.0 Beta 8
- Improved configuration assistant
- Added a safety mechanism to prevent being locked out when installing and running Scudo on a remotely managed Mac
- Improved GUI responsiveness in dark mode; removed dark mode option on macOS 10.12
- Added option to enable/disable apps signature validation
- Improved bandwidth management; murusdummynetd daemon has been removed
- Added a new privileged helper (it.murus.pf.helper) to manage all pf-related privileged operations. This helper will be shared with the upcoming versions of Vallum and Murus
- Fixed bugs that may cause it.murus.afw.helper crashes
- Scudo and its kext are now notarized and stapled. Installer has been improved in order to work correctly on macOS 10.14.5 and up
- Updated afw man pages