||Scrivener 2.7.dmg (72.13 MB)
Descriptions for Description
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Processor type(s) & speed:
Refinements and Changes
•El Capitan-ready: minor updates and fixes for 10.11 compatibility.
•Icons and UI updated for a more modern look consistent with El Capitan and Yosemite.
Updated File Format
•File format updated for compatibility with future mobile versions. Upon opening existing projects, you will be prompted to update them. (Please note that you will not be able to open 2.7 projects in earlier versions of Scrivener, including Scrivener for Windows version 1.8.6 (current latest). If you work cross-platform, you will either need to wait until Scrivener 1.9 for Windows is released, or you may try the public beta in the meanwhile, which is compatible with 2.7 for Mac. We are looking to release version 1.9 very soon. Stay tuned.)
•Updated the built-in MultiMarkdown components to version 4.
•You can now insert .svg images files into MultiMarkdown by internally linking to an .svg image document.
•The tutorial project has been updated, and now includes a new “Quick Start” collection.
•Scrivener now uses Courier Prime as its default screenplay font. For existing screenplay projects, you can change back to your old font via the Script Settings panel (in the Format > Scriptwriting menu). This change makes no difference to Final Draft export, which always switches Courier fonts to become Courier Final Draft in the created FDX file.
•Epub files now have the “of:file-as” and “opf:event” attributes added to the creator and date elements, so that they will pass Lulu B&N validation.
Many other bug fixes - for the full list, please see http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivChangeList.php.
Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers designed for composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on getting you to the end of that awkward first draft.
Compose your text in any order and in pieces as large or small as you like. View the components of your draft individually or as a whole. Import and refer to research files such as images and PDFs alongside your writing.
Whether you prefer to outline first, hammer out your first draft and restructure later, or do a bit of both, Scrivener's corkboard and outliner tools are completely integrated with the text, so working with an overview of your draft is just a click away.
Scrivener's users include best-selling novelists, screenwriters, students, academics, lawyers, journalists and translators. It won't presume to tell you how to write - it just provides an array of flexible tools that allow you to do things your way, no matter what kind of writing you do.
- Project templates for novels, scripts, APA and MLA essays and more (or create your own)
- Interactive tutorial project
- Import common text files such as .rtf, .doc, .docx, .fdx, .txt, .opml and .odt
- Break up imported texts using the "Split at Selection" or "Import and Split" features
- Create and access your work in any order using the "binder" source list
- "Scrivenings" mode temporarily combines disparate documents into a single text for viewing and editing
- Full-screen mode
- Scriptwriting mode for screenplays, stage plays, comic scripts and more
- Familiar text formatting tools
- Live word and character counts
- Mark up your text with comments
- Make notes in the sidebar which become footnotes or endnotes upon print or export
- "Snapshots" allow you to store earlier versions of texts and revert to them at any time
- Name generator
- MathType support
- Set goals using project and document targets
- Automatic backups
- Associate a synopsis with any document in your project
- A virtual corkboard lets you rearrange documents using their associated synopses
- A fully-featured outliner provides complete control over a project's structure
- Project-wide search
- Track ideas using labels and keywords
- Import research such as image, .pdf and media files
- Import web pages
- View research files (or other text documents) alongside your writing
- Transcribe audio files
Getting It Out There
- Compile your manuscript for submission or self-publishing
- Export to popular formats such as .doc, .rtf and plain text
- Print or generate PDF files
- Export .epub or Kindle files
- Export to Final Draft .fdx format
- Supports MultiMarkdown for LaTeX export
- Sync text files with popular iPhone and iPad apps via Dropbox or Simplenote
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scrivener/id418889511?mt=12