Descriptions for Screens 4.5
Name: Screens 4
Release Date: April 12, 2018
Developer: Edovia Inc.
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://edovia.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/screens-4/id1224268771?mt=12
Streamlined and powerful VNC utility designed to provide you with all the tools you need to remotely connect to your devices from your Mac
Accessing your devices from anywhere in the world is surely great, especially if you need to perform some last minute modifications to a project or copy a certain file. This can be done from any computer that can access your device's network using the VNC desktop sharing system.
Full-featured solution for remote controlling VNC-enabled devices
Screens is a macOS application that makes it a lot easier to access your VNC-enabled devices from anywhere in the world, if your Mac has an Internet connection.
On top of that, Screens also comes with inbuilt iCloud synchronization, making simple and quick to sync all stored screens on all your iOS devices.
What's more, the Screens utility enables you to connect to any device using a SSH tunnel, in order to encrypt and secure the traffic to and from that machine and, thus, literally eliminating the risk of a man-in-the-middle attack.
Built-in secure connection via SSH and multi-touch support
Moreover, Screens provides extensive multi-touch support and it also allows you to connect to multiple computers or portable devices running VNC servers at a time, including Windows and Linux powered machines.
The multiple Screens sessions can be effortlessly managed via the Screens Library which, consequently, will also make it very simple to re-connect to any of your stored devices with a simple double click.
What is more, Edovia's Screens VNC client helps you to modify the authentication type for each of the stored machines at any given time, and it also provides you with the means to connect to the selected device with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Comprehensive and simple to use VNC client
On the whole, Screens is a quite useful macOS app for anyone on the lookout for a stable and reliable VNC-based remote control utility for the OS X platform.
Furthermore, the fact that you can connect to machines with any operating system capable of running a VNC server is an added bonus.
What’s New in Screens 4.5
- Screens now unminimizes the last minimized connection window when the Dock icon is clicked
- Screens now shows a Dock icon menu item to make the Library window appear
- Screens now autodectects supported authentication methods when connecting via a URL scheme
- Improves WakeOnLan support
- Treat hostnames as case insensitive
- Improved help documentation when connection error occurs
- Fixed slow file uploads when using a secure connection
- Fixed issue with URL scheme when uppercased or capitalized
- Fixed rare issue where default keyboard shortcuts would not be sent to the remote Mac
- Stability and speed improvements
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category