Descriptions for Rhinoceros 5.4
Name: Rhinoceros for Mac
Release Date: 15 Feb 2018
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.8.5 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.rhino3d.com/mac
Rhinoceros can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS* curves, surfaces, and solids, point clouds, and polygon meshes. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size beyond those of your hardware.
Special features include:
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair meshes and extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Development platform for hundreds of speciality modeling products. (Windows only)
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Affordable purchase price. No maintenance fees.
What’s New in Rhinoceros 5.4
- Grasshopper (beta) included
- PanelingTools added
- Selection commands added:Lasso, SelBoundary, SelBox, SelBrush, etc
- More control over Rhino’s Preferences
- 4View and SelBlockInstanceNamed commands added
- Better SketchUp (skp), IGES, dxf, ply, and Collada (dae) file compatibility
- Numerous refinements to the Layout user interface
- Localization and translation updates
- Improved support for macOS High Sierra
- Plugin installation and compatibility improvements
- RhinoCommon bug fixes for plugin developers
- Many performance and stability enhancements