Receipts aims to help you manage and organize incoming invoices in an efficient manner: you get to import the documents, and the utility will try to detect the amount automatically, convert it to the reference currency, and sort it by provider or category.
Bring all your invoices under the same roof and organize them into libraries
Right off the bat, Receipts generates a library database and prompts you to give it a name and specify the output location. Note that Receipts comes with a library manager that helps you switch between archives with minimal effort.
The next step is to start importing invoices: you can load files individually, or allow Receipts to add all the documents included in a particular folder.
For your convenience, Receipts comes with monitoring capabilities, and can automatically import new files from a watched directory. However, you will still have to review each new import manually.
Quickly view the amount of each invoice and keep them sorted by provider or category
Receipts offers you the possibility to define invoice providers and groups and each time you import a new document you get to assign them to any of the entries. As a result, you can effortlessly keep track of the receipts related to an individual project, to a particular company, and so on.
When importing, Receipts offers you the option to assign a date to the document, set the invoice amount and tax, and also store text notes. To streamline the process, Receipts tries to extract this information from the document, but you can also manually adjust the values before confirming the import.
Receipts can also automatically convert the invoice amount to the reference currency, generate reports, and deal with user defined VAT rates.
Invoices management solution that can deal with images, PDFs, or email data
To sum up, Receipts proposes a well-organized space where you can quickly import invoice reports, such as image files, PDF documents, or emails, and sort the entries by different criteria.
Nonetheless, the Receipts project is sill in an early stage, so some of the functions might not work as expected. During our tests, we were not able to generate graphs or rename the provider and categories items included by default.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.holtwick.de/
What’s New in Receipts 1.8.2
- Improved classification. The contact and the category is set on import if previous samples of classification do fit. The data used before where IBAN, URLs and text samples. By only using text samples and considering the quantity of positive samples, the rate of matches has been improved. You still encounter repeating mismatches? Then please contact support and provide example documents. The data will be treated confidentially and not be shared with any third party.
- Store app license in KeyChain to make it a better experience when working on freshly installed Macs
- CMD + ALT + F to activate search, enter the string from clipboard and also jump to all in tree view
- Fix: Delay import from observed folder a bit in order to wait for all file system tags to be applied that e.g. happens if saving EML from Mail app
- Fix DATEV export issue related to file names