Descriptions for Receipts 18.104.22.168
Released: Jan 4th, 2018
Developer: Dirk Holtwick
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.holtwick.de/
Invoices management tool that can detect the amount recorded in each invoice and automatically organize the entries by provider or category
Receipts aims to help you manage and organize incoming invoices in an efficient manner: you get to import the documents, and the utility will try to detect the amount automatically, convert it to the reference currency, and sort it by provider or category.
Bring all your invoices under the same roof and organize them into libraries
Right off the bat, Receipts generates a library database and prompts you to give it a name and specify the output location. Note that Receipts comes with a library manager that helps you switch between archives with minimal effort.
The next step is to start importing invoices: you can load files individually, or allow Receipts to add all the documents included in a particular folder.
For your convenience, Receipts comes with monitoring capabilities, and can automatically import new files from a watched directory. However, you will still have to review each new import manually.
Quickly view the amount of each invoice and keep them sorted by provider or category
Receipts offers you the possibility to define invoice providers and groups and each time you import a new document you get to assign them to any of the entries. As a result, you can effortlessly keep track of the receipts related to an individual project, to a particular company, and so on.
When importing, Receipts offers you the option to assign a date to the document, set the invoice amount and tax, and also store text notes. To streamline the process, Receipts tries to extract this information from the document, but you can also manually adjust the values before confirming the import.
Receipts can also automatically convert the invoice amount to the reference currency, generate reports, and deal with user defined VAT rates.
Invoices management solution that can deal with images, PDFs, or email data
To sum up, Receipts proposes a well-organized space where you can quickly import invoice reports, such as image files, PDF documents, or emails, and sort the entries by different criteria.
Nonetheless, the Receipts project is sill in an early stage, so some of the functions might not work as expected. During our tests, we were not able to generate graphs or rename the provider and categories items included by default.
What’s new in Receipts 22.214.171.124
January 4th, 2018
- Fixes crash on app launch. I apologize very much for the inconvenience! – Dirk Holtwick
New Banking Integrations:
- Enhanced support for direct payment with SEPA XML (ISO 20022), which is supported also by many international applications and finance institutes.
- And also direct support for transactions with Bank X Professional. You now have the choice between more banking applications. Receipts already supported MoneyMoney and iFinance.
- In the new settings sections you can also choose if you want to fill the reason field of a transaction with the contents if the title or the notes field.
- Updated OCR engine to latest version
- Removed property settings from the View menu, they are part of the preferences since 1.6.0
- More compact representation of values in dashboard and hiding default currency names
- Added a Print Dashboard … button
- Don't set amount to "0" if in fact no value has been found, instead leave it empty
- Fix for date related filters not showing correct quarters
- Stability improvements