|Name||RAR 5.90 for macOS HCiSO mac-torrent-download.net.zip|
|Created on||2020-04-01 01:00:13|
|Files||RAR 5.90 for macOS HCiSO mac-torrent-download.net.zip (8.57 MB)|
RAR introduces an original compression algorithm. It provides high compression ratios on executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc.
- RAR introduces an original compression algorithm. It provides
- high compression ratios on executable files, object libraries,
- large text files, etc.
- RAR provides functionality for creating a ‘solid’ archive, which
- can raise the compression ratio by 10% – 50% over more common
- methods, particularly when packing large numbers of small files.
- RAR offers the ability to create and change SFX archives using
- default and external SFX modules.
- RAR offers the ability to create a multi-volume archive as SFX.
- RAR offers a number of service functions, such as encrypting files,
- adding archive comments and repairing physically damaged archives.
What’s new in RAR 5.90
- RAR compression speed is improved for CPUs with 16 and more cores.
- “Fastest” method (-m1 command line equivalent) typically achieves a higher compression ratio for highly compressible data types when creating RAR5 archives.
- Maximum number of utilized threads is increased from 32 to 64. Command line -mt switch accepts values from 1 to 64.
- “Repair” performance for RAR5 archives with recovery record and without data shifts is improved. It deteriorated in RAR 5.80 and is now restored to original level.
- Password prompt is not issued when performing recovery record based repair for RAR5 archives with encrypted file names. This command can be performed without providing a password.
- Bugs fixed:
- a) “Repair” command could erroneously display “Recovery record is corrupt” message when processing an archive with valid recovery record. This message did not prevent further repair operation;
- b) if quick open information option was set to “Do not add” in default compression profile and this profile was loaded by some command or dialog, WinRAR ignored quick open information when browsing contents of RAR archives. For example, it happened after opening archiving or password dialogs;
- c) CtrlC “Copy” shortcut key did not work in archive comment window;
- d) if “Put each file to separate archive” and “Archives in subfolders” options were set, WinRAR ignored the destination path specified in archive name field.