RapidWeaver 8.0 (20070) macOS
RapidWeaver is a next-generation Web design application to help you easily create professional-looking Web sites in minutes. No knowledge of complex code is required, RapidWeaver will take care of all that for you. RapidWeaver produces valid XHTML- and CSS-based websites.
One of the perks about using RapidWeaver is that it has a strong custom theme community. You can download themes and edit them from within RapidWeaver and the result is a pretty slick-looking website that takes very little effort.
RapidWeaver also has a lot of custom plug-ins. Some of them make it easier to edit images directly in RapidWeaver. Others make creating a site map a matter of a few clicks. The supportive community that surrounds RapidWeaver is really what makes this great app superior to other WYSIWYG website creation tools. Be sure to check out YourHead.com for some little tools to help spice up your website in RapidWeaver.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later 64-bit
Web Site: https://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/
What’s New in RapidWeaver 8.0 (20070)
- Shiny new app icon
- Updated and Improved many aspects of the User Interface
- New Resources Browser with support for local files, nested folders, photos, and files
- Unsplash support, browse; search, and add stock images to your project with ease
- Responsive Device Simulator, see how your website will look on different devices
- Five new beautiful responsive themes
- Five new example project to get you up and running faster than ever before
- New Addons Manager with support for searching, enabling, and disabling addons
- Redesigned Snippets Window, it now supports HTML, Rich text, and live search
- Web Icons area supports different types of fav icons (RW can also automatically generate them based on a larger image)
- New “Privacy” support, enable a cookie banner with oneclick
- Added support for editing .htaccess files, it’s also easy to keep revisions and roll back changes
- Site language (HTML lang) can now be set in the General settings
- Export and compress your addons folder (handy for moving Macs and backingup)
- Added support for UI state restoration on a perproject basis, sounds like a small thing, but it’s amazing!
- Redesign the add page menu making it cleaner and faster to use (full keyboard support added)
- Updated the “HTML Code” page type, it’s now know as just “Code” and “Apply Theme” is off by default
- Using a standard file type extension is no longer required (perfect if you want to add your own .htaccess files or .css files using the code page type)
- Automatic & manual support for OpenGraph on all standard pages
- OpenGraph support for individual blog posts
- Basic sitewide support for Twitter cards
- Added a preference for setting the default browser when Previewing
- Added an alert and information on switching websites to https
- Custom colours in the Theme Styles area can now be reset
- Improved handling of changed files when publishing
- Added an option to enable/disable robot meta tags
- Default Page Icons are now used in the page list, rich icons can be switched back on via the prefs
- Improved handling of addon installation
- SSH publishing now allows a pem file to be selected. Public key is now optional.
- rel attribute on links is no longer used for specifying when a link opens in a new window
- Removed and replaced all frameworks that relied on Carbon!
- Fixed a cache busting issues when using multiple Google fonts.
- Web server can now started automatically when a project is opened
- Server port can also be specified on a per project basis under “Advanced”
- Plugin files now get minified (as well as theme files) when the minify option is enabled
- Blog date customisation now displays correctly
- Server name is more clearly shown as editable
- Banners images now display correctly in Preview on blog pages
- RapidWeaver will show a warning if it has issues installing add ons (previously it failed silently)
- Fixed an issue where ajax calls to other URLs within the site causes RW to switch pages when it shouldn’t!
- Installing and updating addons should now be more reliable
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
Theme & Plugin Developer Enhancements:
- Themes can now specify the Height and Width for the site logo
- Theme Styles now support slider controls
- Theme styles now support numerical fields
- Theme style tags are now available to theme style css files
- RWThemeBannerSupport tag in plist now respects Boolean values
- Added a new method to allow plugins to insert code just before the closing body tag