Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.7
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
RAM minimum: -
Video RAM: -
What's New in Version 2.1
• Keyboard navigation: use arrow keys (up, down, left, right) to move between cells, and cmd+arrow keys for faster navigation. You can also use the right arrow key to navigate from the note list to the note, and the escape key to come back.
• Added syntax highlighting support for 17 languages: Cirru, Dockerfile, Eiffel, Elixir, Elm, Gcode, Gherkin, Gitignore, Io, N-Triples, Praat, SAS, Smarty, SPARQL, SPSS, Turtle, Vala
• Added a setting to scroll the note content past end while editing
• Added settings for enabling autocompletion and tab triggers in code cells
• User settings (code cell theme, tab size, etc.) are now applied to the preview and presentation mode.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for inserting lists and headings
• Added a yellow highlighter to the text cell toolbar
• Added a keyboard shortcut (Cmd+K) to make a URL into a link
• Added a keyboard shortcut (Opt-Cmd-/) to change language in a code cell
• Support checkboxes in text cells
• Added a toolbar button to insert an image in a text cell
• Table support in Markdown cells
• Support GFM task lists in Markdown cells
• Pretty print JSON, XML, CSS and SQL
• Set tab sizes for all cell types
• Edit CSS for preview, presentation, and exported HTML
• Added a setting to show line numbers in code cells
• Added settings to show/hide invisibles, indent guides in code cells
• Added options to use Vim or Emacs key binding in code cells, Markdown cells and LaTeX cells
• Added a setting to use GFM linebreaks in Markdown cells
• Paste note links into a Markdown cell
• Inline LaTeX now works in Markdown cells
• Add application-wide custom macros to LaTeX cells
• Added navigation buttons and keyboard shortcuts (left and right arrow keys) to the presentation mode
• Export all your settings and CSS customizations into a single JSON file. This makes it easy to sync settings across multiple computers.
• Import Markdown and plain text files
• Export to Markdown: Markdown cells are concatenated, code cells become fenced code blocks.
• When exporting a notebook to HTML, all the pages are now linked together.
• Quiver now remembers the last opened note and reopens it upon launch.
• Tags are now case-sensitive.
• Removed the alert when moving notes to trash.
• Changed the keyboard shortcut for deleting a note to “cmd+delete” to avoid accidental deletions
• Added a “Rename Notebook” menu item to the notebook context menu
• Added a “Add to Shortcuts” menu item to the note context menu
• Fixed a bug that sometimes notebook names were not saved.
• Fixed a bug that the tutorial notebook couldn’t be permanently deleted.
• Fixed a bug that the “discard changes” dialog shows up after creating or updating a note.
• Fixed a bug that the notebook name field loses focus during editing.
• Fixed an issue with sharing a Quiver library or notebooks via a network drive.
• Fixed an issue that Markdown preview sometimes gets out of sync.
• Fixed Markdown preview styles: paragraphs are now properly separated.
• Fixed an issue with inserting line breaks in a LaTeX cell.
• Fixed a bug that changing the code cell language in a floating window didn’t update the code cell in the main window.
Quiver is a notebook built for programmers. It lets you easily mix text, code and Markdown within one note, edit code with an awesome code editor, live preview Markdown and LaTeX cells, and find any note instantly via the full-text search.
## An Awesome Code Editor
The programmer's notebook should make code editing effortless. Quiver packs the awesome ACE code editor in code cells, with syntax highlighting support for more than 110 languages, over 20 themes, automatic indent and outdent, and much more.
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/app/quiver-programmers-notebook/id866773894