Descriptions for QuickKey – Text Expansion 2.0
Name: QuickKey – Text Expansion
Release Date: March 21, 2018
Developer: LittleFin LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://quickkey-app.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/quickkey-text-expansion/id1142743710?mt=12
Save time typing by expanding short abbreviations into long phrases, code snippets, or entire e-mails. QuickKey allows you to insert expanded text into any app with a single keyboard shortcut. Stop typing repetitive or hard to remember text over and over, and make your life easier with QuickKey.
QuickKey 2.0 now supports multiple placeholders—so you can define a block of text with multiple “variables”, crafting entire e-mails.
Some ways you can use QuickKey:
- Quickly send common emails.
- Set up custom email signatures to insert on demand.
- Quickly respond to emails with boilerplate replies.
- Insert snippets of code you use frequently.
QuickKey syncs with iCloud so your shortcuts are available on all your Macs. Plus, a free companion iOS app allows you to view and use your snippets on the go.
QuickKey is the first text expansion app built specifically for complete compatibility with the App Store and all Mac security measures. It is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra and sandboxing. It requires no special permissions to work. Text insertion is faster and easier with our free expansion companion app available at http://quickkey-app.com/extension/ but it is not required.
What’s New in QuickKey 2.0
- NEW: Support for multiple placeholders. Define multiple unique placeholders per snippet.
- NEW: Free iOS companion app. Sync your snippets to iPhone & iPad to use them on the go.
- NEW: Enhanced date support. Set custom shortcuts for short & long dates, and define custom date formats.
- NEW: Nested date support. Insert dates as variables inside other snippets.
- NEW: Quick access to creating new snippets from menus.
- NEW: Option to create a new snippet from the clipboard.
- IMPROVED: Revamped and improved help on launching app.
- FIXED: A number of small bug fixes and interface improvements.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category