Release Date: October 24, 2017
Developer: Jakob Egger
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://eggerapps.at/postico
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/postico/id1031280567?mt=12
Postico is a modern database app for your Mac.
Postico is the perfect tool for data entry, analytics, and application development.
- connect to Postgres.app
- connect to PostgreSQL version 8, 9 and 10 servers
- connect to cloud services like Heroku Postgres, Amazon Redshift, Amazon RDS
- connect to other RDBMs that use the PostgreSQL protocol, like CockroachDB
Postico is the perfect app for managing your data. It has great tools for data entry. Filter rows that contain a search term, or set up advanced filters with multiple conditions. Quickly view rows from related tables, and save time by editing multiple rows at once.
For analytics workloads, Postico has a powerful query editor with syntax highlighting and many advanced text editing features. Execute multiple queries at once, or execute them one at a time and export results quickly.
For application developers, Postico offers a full featured table designer. Add, rename and remove columns, set default values, and add column constraints (NOT NULL, UNIQUE, CHECK constraints, foreign keys etc.). Document your database by adding comments to every table, view, column, and constraint.
But the best part of Postico is how well it works. Postico is made on a Mac for a Mac. It works great with all your other Mac apps. Use all the usual keyboard shortcuts. Postico gets the basic things like copy/paste just right, and also supports more advanced features like services for text editing.
What’s New in Postico 1.2.3
- Postico now generates correct PostgreSQL URLs when user, password, host or database contains special characters like question marks
- Unicode Fun: Fixed a problem where the editor didn’t work reliably with some combining characters (eg. country flag emojis).
- More Unicode Fun: The syntax highlighter now supports nonascii identifiers without quotes
- Fixed an issue with columns of type geometry(…)
- Fixed a crash when pasting rows with invalid data for an ENUM column