Descriptions for Description
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Release Date: February 23, 2016
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/popclip/id445189367?mt=12
What's New in Version 1.5.5:
Bug fixes and improvements to keep this show on the road.
* If you have been having problems starting PopClip in the last week or so, it should now launch (see note below on certificate expiration).
* Now works with PDF Expert by Readdle.
* Fixed an glitch that interfered with using the emoji picker.
* Fixed bug where PopClip would appear repeatedly when clicking in a Safari or Chrome address bar.
* Fixed bug where URLs copied by shift-clicking the Open Link action would be erroneously percent-encoded.
* Corrections to the French translation.
* Fixed some rare crashes based on user-submitted crash reports.
* URL detection now recognizes the new top level domains (like .coffee).
* Smaller file size.
* New minimum system requirement is OS X 10.9.
# Certificate Expiration bug
Some users have not been able to start PopClip since February 14. This is related to the expiration of a certificate used by the Mac App Store purchase verification system. After applying this update, PopClip should start for everyone.
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and helped me with testing. Email email@example.com or tweet @pilotmoon to contact me.
Enjoy PopClip and stay in touch. -Nick
p.s. While you are here in the Mac App Store, please click a star rating on the PopClip page!
PopClip appears when you select text with your mouse on your Mac. Instantly access context-specific actions including copy and paste, plus extensions like Send to Evernote. If you select text containing a URL, email address or file path, PopClip can open it. Select a misspelled word, and PopClip offers corrections. Select any text to do a web search with those terms, or select a single word to get the dictionary definition.
More than 100 free extensions are available, including Paste and Match Style, Translate, Send to Evernote, Word Count, Capitalize and much, much more. See http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions.
Please note: PopClip works in most Mac apps, but not in all. For an up-to-date list of known incompatible apps, see http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/apps
"PopClip has achieved near perfect integration with Mac OS X and seems like a default feature of the operating system. For that alone, it is worth its asking price." — The Next Web
"an awesome new utility from Pilotmoon that makes the copy & paste function on your Mac look just like the copy & paste function on your iPhone" — Cult of Mac
"If you love the tap and copy functionality of iOS and want it on your home computer, PopClip is a simple app that adds similar functionality" — lifehacker
"an essential part of my workflow ... 10/10" — Mac.AppStorm
"I think even Mac traditionalists might be tempted." — Dan Frakes, MacWorld
"I'm buying it right now." — Leo Laporte, MacBreak Weekly