|Created on||2016-04-24 03:34:08|
|Files||Play_v2.1.4.zip (15.38 MB)|
Release Date: April 21, 2016
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
Developer: Bitfield AB
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
More information: http://www.bitfield.se
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/playr/id640521827?mt=12
Playr- Video playback simplified
Playr was made solely to focus on your video viewing experience. It's not crammed with extra features for organizing files or to make playlists and such. You don't need to install any extras or plug-ins to view your favorite movies, it just works. Playr has been carefully developed using the latest available technologies with a meticulous attention to details. It's user interface is clean, stylish and simple to use. Hope you'll enjoy it!
- Play almost any video file without the need for extra system extensions or plug-ins.
- Doesn't depend on QuickTime or AVFoundation for playback.
- Automatically loads and displays embedded subtitles or subtitles from external files.
- Supports all the major subtitle formats.
- Supports styling tags in subtitle files like italic, bold and underlined.
- Supports subtitles in right-to-left languages like Hebrew.
- Fully customizable subtitle display (font, size, color, shadows, etc).
- Convenient metadata inspector that automatically pulls info from themoviedb.org.
- Detailed movie inspector for all those nitty gritty details.
- Retina graphics user interface.
- Retina resolution subtitles on your Retina Mac.
- Fullscreen player built-in (of course).
- Built for OS X 10.10 Yosemite and 10.11 El Capitan.
- 64-bit native.
NOTE! Playr can't play movies purchased in the iTunes store due to Apple DRM protection.
Please report any problems/bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the built-in feedback feature and I will try to improve Playr steadily for each version.
What's New in Version 2.1.4:
- FFmpeg updated to the 3.0 "Einstein" release.
- Now pausing any playing movie when another one starts playing.
- Option to quit the app when the last window is closed in Preferences.
- Various fixes for sound playback.
- The preferred sound language is now used if available when opening a movie.
- Fixed a bug when parsing filenames to find metadata online.
- Fixed a bug where the play button would disappear in OS X 10.10.
- The encodings popup is now visible by default when adding subtitles from file.
- Better integration with Submarine.
- Support for searching Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.
- Updates to the German localization.