Release Date: March 22, 2017
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
Developer: Bitfield AB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT
Web Site: http://www.bitfield.se/playr
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/playr/id640521827?mt=12
Playr- Video playback simplified
Playr was made solely to focus on your video viewing experience. It’s not crammed with extra features for organizing files or to make playlists and such. You don’t need to install any extras or plug-ins to view your favorite movies, it just works. Playr has been carefully developed using the latest available technologies with a meticulous attention to details. It’s user interface is clean, stylish and simple to use. Hope you’ll enjoy it!
- – Play almost any video file without the need for extra system extensions or plug-ins.
- – Doesn’t depend on QuickTime for playback.
- – Automatically loads and displays embedded subtitles or subtitles from external files.
- – Smart built-in subtitle search engine… find your movie or tv show subtitles in a breeze.
- – Supports all the major subtitle formats.
- – Supports styling tags in subtitle files like italic, bold and underlined.
- – Fully customizable subtitle display (font, size, color, shadows, etc).
- – Retina resolution subtitles.
- – Convenient metadata inspector that automatically pulls info from the net… with links to IMDb.
- – Detailed movie inspector for all those nitty gritty details.
- – Color controls.
- – Fullscreen player built-in (of course).
- – Touch Bar support.
- – 64-bit native.
NOTE! Playr can’t play movies purchased in the iTunes store due to Apple DRM protection.
Please report any problems/bugs to email@example.com or use the built-in feedback feature and I will get back to you.
What’s New in Version 2.2.3:
- – Touch Bar support.
- – The player window can now float on top of other windows.
- – The player window is now movable by clicking and dragging anywhere inside it.
- – The Inspector and other palettes are now hidden when the app is not activated.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category
：390 views (Daily)