||Particulars 1.4.6.zip (6.43 MB)
Descriptions for Description
Release Date: December 07, 2016
Developer: Glencode LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://glencode.net/particulars/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/particulars/id885120167?mt=12
Particulars displays system information about your Mac. It shows computer name, model name, serial number, CPU, RAM, GPU, OS version, Server version, current user, uptime, disk space and network configuration. It can used in 3 modes: on your desktop, as a Today Extension in OS X Yosemite and later, or at the command line.
Particulars provides up-to-date information and dynamically changes when your system changes. For instance, if you switch Wi-Fi networks, Particulars shows the new network configuration immediately.
Particulars does not replace your desktop background image and is responsive to changes in your screen or space layout. It does not require any scripts or need any complex setup.
Particulars supports many disparate network configurations including IPv6, manual addressing, multiple addresses, captive portals, PPPoE, and VPNs.
Particulars has a special 'lab mode' to ease deployment in computer labs and datacenters. See the help book for more information.
What's New in Version 1.4.6:
- Look and feel of Today Extension updated for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- NAT IP address would display as 'Unknown' when using a public IPv4 address – fixed
- Additional validation of NAT IP address
- Show CPU count on multiprocessor Macs
- Improvements when getting NAT address
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Fix rare crash when retrieving network information
- CLI would display correctly but return an error code when using -a
- Crashes in lab mode are now reported automatically
- Fix crash when DHCP lease length is infinite
- Fix display of infinite DHCP lease length
- Disk space is available from the command line interface
- Copying from Dock menu
- CLI option for particulars in detail level
- Copy en0 MAC address to clipboard
- Crash reporting for Today Extension
- Open Preferences from Dock icon
- Fixed a crash when using a non-RGB image as a desktop background with auto text shade
- Fixed a crash when serial number cannot be determined
- Improved layout of long IPv6 addresses in Today Extension
- Fixed layout issues when changing displays
- When scaling down to fit text on desktop, labels would not scale down – fixed
- Lots of performance improvements and under the hood fixes