Descriptions for Parallels Desktop Business Edition 22.214.171.124321
Name: Parallels Desktop
Developer: Parallels Holdings Ltd
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.parallels.com/
Powerful and comprehensive macOS application designed to make it very simple and quick to create multiple virtual machines on any Intel-based Mac
Not all applications are developed to run on different operating systems and, as a result, if you need to run Windows programs on your Mac, for example, you have to use an emulator. Parallels Desktop is and easy to install application that offers you the possibility to run different operating systems on your Mac.
Moreover, Parallels Desktop comes with its own installer which makes the entire process very straightforward. When you launch the application for the first time you must input the credentials of your Parallels account or create a new one. This step is not optional: you need an account to request a trial key or to receive updates.
Furthermore, Parallels Desktop can be used to install Windows or another OS from a DVD or an image file, or to migrate Windows from a PC. Parallels Desktop provides support for a plethora of operating systems, such as Windows (going from Windows 3.11 to Windows 8), MS-DOS, RED Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Suse Linux Enterprise, Mandriva, Solaris, Chrome OS, Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard Server or Android.
In addition, you can find a complete list of supported 32-bit and 64-bit guest operating systems on Parallels Desktop's homepage. At the same time, from the Parallels Desktop’s main window you can easily download free versions for different operating systems, for example the Chrome OS, Ubuntu or Android. Moreover you can download Windows Preview releases.
Parallels Desktop is also able to install Mountain Lion by using the Recovery partition or import existing virtual machines. Furthermore, via the Parallels Access Client for iPad (you can download the iPad application from the Parallels Access iTunes store page), you have the possibility to use the Windows or Mac Applications from your iPad device. Note that you must install the Parallels Access agent on your Mac first.
All in all, Parallels Desktop enables you to create virtual machines and run a wide collection of guest operating systems on your Mac. This way, you can easily run various applications on your Mac, regardless of their native operating system.
What’s new in Parallels Desktop 126.96.36.199321
February 20th, 2018
Addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Resolves an issue with ~/§±£`ذ symbols not typed correctly in virtual machines.
- Resolves an issue with disproportionately scaled Windows after installing a Windows update.
- Resolves an issue with gamma settings being changed by Windows in Full Screen.
- Resolves an issue with unintended activation of Grayscale Mode in Windows 10 after pressing + holding the “Command” key and then pressing “C”.
- Resolves an issue with the CTC (click-to-call) technology not working when you right-click a number in Internet Explorer and choose to call this number.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not working in macOS High Sierra virtual machines.
- Resolves an issue with a virtual machine not starting after double-clicking its alias.
- Resolves an issue with Boot Camp-based virtual machines not starting in Parallels Desktop 13.2.0.
- Resolves a problem causing your Mac to crash after a virtual machine is bridged to Thunderbolt Bridge.
- Resolves an issue with shared camera not working in Skype for Business.
- Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts in Battlefield 3.
- Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts when zooming images in Tekla Structures.
- Resolves an issue with PaintShop Pro not opening images on your Mac and not available in the “Open With” menu.
- Resolves the following occasional issues in Windows virtual machines: slow login; unresponsive Start Menu; inability to use a keyboard with some apps.
For Parallels Desktop Business Edition Only:
- Resolves an issue with deferred activation when deploying Parallels Desktop Business Edition using DeployStudio or NetRestore.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category