Descriptions for Description
Name: Parallels Desktop
Released: January 9th, 2017
Developer: Parallels Holdings Ltd
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5 or later
Web Site: http://www.parallels.com/
Powerful and comprehensive OS X application designed to make it very simple and quick to create multiple virtual machines on any Intel-based Mac
Not all applications are developed to run on different operating systems and, as a result, if you need to run Windows programs on your Mac, for example, you have to use an emulator. Parallels Desktop is and easy to install application that offers you the possibility to run different operating systems on your Mac.
Moreover, Parallels Desktop comes with its own installer which makes the entire process very straightforward. When you launch the application for the first time you must input the credentials of your Parallels account or create a new one. This step is not optional: you need an account to request a trial key or to receive updates.
Furthermore, Parallels Desktop can be used to install Windows or another OS from a DVD or an image file, or to migrate Windows from a PC. Parallels Desktop provides support for a plethora of operating systems, such as Windows (going from Windows 3.11 to Windows 8), MS-DOS, RED Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Suse Linux Enterprise, Mandriva, Solaris, Chrome OS, Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard Server or Android.
In addition, you can find a complete list of supported 32-bit and 64-bit guest operating systems on Parallels Desktop's homepage. At the same time, from the Parallels Desktop’s main window you can easily download free versions for different operating systems, for example the Chrome OS, Ubuntu or Android. Moreover you can download Windows Preview releases.
Parallels Desktop is also able to install Mountain Lion by using the Recovery partition or import existing virtual machines. Furthermore, via the Parallels Access Client for iPad (you can download the iPad application from the Parallels Access iTunes store page), you have the possibility to use the Windows or Mac Applications from your iPad device. Note that you must install the Parallels Access agent on your Mac first.
All in all, Parallels Desktop enables you to create virtual machines and run a wide collection of guest operating systems on your Mac. This way, you can easily run various applications on your Mac, regardless of their native operating system.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition:
Designed for individuals, teams, and IT departments who need to run Windows on Mac with the very best performance in work settings.
● Optimized for macOS Sierra
● Includes smart & simple one-touch tools
● 500 GB incremental online free backup (for 1 year)
● 64GB vRAM / 16 vCPUs for each VM
● Microsoft Visual Studio® Plug-in
● Support for popular development, design, and test tools including Visual Studio, Vagrant, and Jenkins
● Advanced networking tools
● Support for business cloud services
● Premium 24/7 phone and email support
● Centralized administration and management
● Unified Volume License Key
Learn More: https://www.parallels.com/products/business/
What's new in Parallels Desktop 18.104.22.168525
Addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
• Introduces a new option for virtual machine that use all displays in fullscreen - "Activating virtual machine shows all its spaces". For this option, go to "Options" > "Full Screen" of the virtual machine configuration.
• Adjusts default settings for Modality view mode that covers the window opacity and position on top of other applications windows.
• Resolves an issue with Fedora 25 not starting GUI session after installing Parallels Tools
• Resolves and issue with mouse not working on external display after it has been reconnected
• Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop crashes when trying to print to PDF
What’s New in Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac