Descriptions for Pages 7.0
Release Date: March 28, 2018
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.12 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.apple.com/iwork/pages/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/pages/id409201541?mt=12
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
- With realtime collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
- Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
- Share your document publicly or with specific people
- You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
- View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
- Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
- Choose from over 70 Appledesigned templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
- Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
- Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
- Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
- Enhance your document with a library of over 500 editable shapes
- Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
- Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
- Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in iBooks
- Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
- Add comments and join threaded conversations
- Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
- Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
- View pages side by side as you work
- Turn on facing pages to format your document as twopage spreads
- Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
- Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
- Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
- Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
- Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
- Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
- Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
- Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
- Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
- Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
- Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
- Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and twosided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What’s New in Pages 7.0
- Make beautiful digital books using new book templates.
- Collaborate in real time on documents stored in Box. Requires macOS High Sierra.
- View pages side by side as you work.
- Turn on facing pages to format your document as twopage spreads.
- Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page.
- Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document.
- Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way.
- Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
- Additional options for reducing the file size of documents.
- New option to automatically format fractions as you type.