Name: Oxford English Dictionary
Version: 2nd Edition - 22.214.171.124 Update
Mac Platform: UB
OS version: 10.4
Processor type(s) & speed: Power PC G4 867MHz or faster; Intel Core Duo 2.13GHz or faster
RAM minimum: 512 MB
Includes 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 updaters only.
• Intermittent problems with the FIND search box
• Problems with pronunciation searches in ADVANCED SEARCH
• Capped search result disables all further searching
• Entry list wheel not responding correctly when searching for number entries
• When printing large entries, text repeats itself
• Definition numbering appears twice when copying and pasting text
• Adjectival form of 'set' appears in the wrong place
More Info: http://www.oed.com/
The Oxford English Dictionary is the internationally recognized authority on the English Language, defining more than 500,000 words and tracing their usage through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of literary and other sources. The text on the CD-ROM comprises the full text of the OED 2nd Edition , plus the three Additions volumes, as well as 7,000 new entries from the OED's continuing research.
Most importantly, OED v4.0 on CD-ROM boasts superb search-and-retrieval software, designed specifically for the electronic version, enabling you to investigate the Dictionary in ways not possible with the print edition. Questions which might have taken years of patient research can now be answered in seconds.